Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for all you that have had surgery..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by titaniumed View Post
    Megz

I grew 4 inches after my surgery with 2,70 degree curves. Males have larger vertebrae, so if they get a good correction on you, you might grow about 3 inches.

I other words, a mouse with twin 70 degree curves isn't going to grow 4 inches.....but an elephant would grow a foot or two.

I had quite a few people that couldn't believe their own eyes when suddenly I was taller than them and they had to look up at me. I would just say that they must have had something wrong with them and they were shrinking, and maybe should go and see a Doctor. I have a lot of fun with that.

All my heartburn issues and swallowing problems disappeared after my surgery. The straightening added extra distance and my esophagus no longer hung in my stomach.

Soon, this will be all over. Time passes quickly.......
    Ed
    Ed, you are so funny I always look forward to your posts. You have a great sense of humor as my whole family does. Glad I'm doing a little better because now it doesn't hurt quite as bad when I read your posts - makes me laugh!! Thanks a million - I soooo appreciate the humor
    Debbie

Comment

Hey, it's nice to hear of someone else at 80 degrees + besides me. I have a terrible amount of pain, my shoul=ders are not level when I walk. Havng problems swallowing and had couple problems, actually, three not being able to hold it - if you know what i mean. The swallowing and holding problems worry me alot. Nice to hear that's nothing really unusual for someone at pitiful as us at 80 degrees....
      Rita Thompson
      Age 46
      Milwaukee Brace wearer for 3 years in childhood
      Surgery Mar 1st - 95 degree thoracic curve
      Surgery by Dr. Lenke, St. Louis, MO
      Post-surgery curve 25-30 degree

Comment

There are so many things about having scoliosis that make us feel pitifull at times. I know I have certainly had my moments in the past and present. I am going through my moments presently dealing with not being able to pick up my baby.

He seems to have adjusted well through out my recovery time. My mother in law was here for 3 months and will be back in September when the kids go back to school and my husband goes back to work. She will stay untill my mom comes down again(she already spent a week here with my dad) and spends 2 weeks with me during October and then she will be back again.

My husband is in the Coast Guard and on a ship. He really needed this job for advancement to Lt. Commander and we didn't want him to pass it up so she promised all the help I would need until I can handle the baby on a day to day basis on my own without pain. I am soooo fortunate that I have so much help but I feel guilty having everyone do so much.

I couldn't even put surgery off until my husband got off the boat. I was just in to much pain every single day. At 37 that's a scary feeling. So I can understand feeling so pathetic sometimes. You aren't alone!
        Susan

Diagnosed at 10, Boston brace from 11-13 yrs old.
        50* Lumbar w/ 5 centimeter shift to the left and slight rib hump...
        Surgery Date: April 15 and April 22, 2009
        X-LIF approach for disc repair L5,L4,L3,L2
        Posterior Approach for fusions L5-T5
        Dr. Fox @ Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
        Nice and straight now!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X