Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally got my before and after pics posted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Staci, that was so sweet of you to add such a kind reply, and then to send me the pm, too.

But, it was a good that I read your blog. . .the more I learn from those of you (us?) who've been through this, the more I'll be able to process (and even work through the emotions) in advance, and the better prepared I'll be when the time actually gets here. In this case, after I posted my "nervous person" reply, I googled something like "waking up from adult scoliosis surgery" - and learned about how the anesthesiologist can give a local pain killer to your spine before the surgeon closes, and it covers the pain until well after the general anesthesia wears off - this info is from a thread from this message board, some months ago. So, now I learned that, and I wouldn't have if I hadn't read your blog (I haven't had my long pre-op appt yet - when I guess I'll get more info - it was to be today, but his office rescheduled it.)

I appreciate - and enjoy - your blog. And, a big thank you to each and every one of you who are helping me through these days!!!
    Fused T-3 to L-3, Aug 25
    Hardware removal surgery, Nov 2, 2010
    Fused T-10 to L-2, osteotomy, Feb 22, 2011

Comment

measurements

Staci,

You look great. You mentioned about asking the Dr. about the degree of curves and feeling silly for not doing so. I haven't either. I have seen the x-rays and a picture is worth a thousand words! Clearly I am straighter than I could ever have hoped for so who care if I am 5 or 10 degrees...looks pretty dam straight is all I care about! I looked at your blog and someone had posted how brave you are. That is so true of everyone who goes through this. I have to admit I had my moments of not being brave. They usually were limited to break downs with my husband. I am 3 months post op and doing pretty good. Just a few stumbles I took this week that landed me back on my breakthrough pain meds....it will pass though. Congrats on a successful surgery! Take care of yourself!
      Susan

Diagnosed at 10, Boston brace from 11-13 yrs old.
      50* Lumbar w/ 5 centimeter shift to the left and slight rib hump...
      Surgery Date: April 15 and April 22, 2009
      X-LIF approach for disc repair L5,L4,L3,L2
      Posterior Approach for fusions L5-T5
      Dr. Fox @ Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
      Nice and straight now!!!!!

Comment

hey stacii =]

you look amazing!! Were they able to get rid of the hump?! My back looks the same way as yours?! So you give me great hope for when I have my surgery!!

27 year old female
        Upper Curve 110 degrees
        Lower Curve 90 degrees
        Surgery with Dr. Wood at MGH 1/11/10 && 1/14/10
        Fused T2-Pelvis
        Back looks amazing and no more Hump! ^_^

Comment

Love the pictures. You look absolutely fabulous and STRAIGHT. I'm so jealous. I realy have to wonder if I will be straight again or not. But, you are wonderful. Im at 80 degrees and reallyt twisted, I'm told. Thats something i hadn't been told before... ha! Thanks for sharing.
          Rita Thompson
          Age 46
          Milwaukee Brace wearer for 3 years in childhood
          Surgery Mar 1st - 95 degree thoracic curve
          Surgery by Dr. Lenke, St. Louis, MO
          Post-surgery curve 25-30 degree

Comment

Working...
          X