ugh pain!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Megz...

Occasionally, the heel of my left foot gets the warm feeling. It happened a lot several years ago, but I hadn't felt it in a long time until about a week ago. I'm sure it's a neurologic issue.

There's essentially only one surgical treatment for scoliosis, and that's fusion. Because of your curve location and size, I doubt that anterior surgery (referring to fusing the front part of the spine) alone would be a choice. Instead, a posterior fusion surgery will be the option. You can view an animation of a posterior surgery here:

http://www.understandspinesurgery.com/animation_player.asp?d=100&t={98780433-8748-4712-AD4C-D467AB945D99}&s=1&languageID={6574FA28-0A40-49AF-88C8-3CE366C8C580}&

Be sure to watch all four steps.

Additionally, because your curve is so large, and because of your age, the surgeon may need to add an anterior surgery. This surgery would probably involve removal of discs from the front of the spine. Removing the discs allows the spine to be straightened. You may also have some form of fusion during this step of the surgery. Fusion on the front of the spine can mean adding bone chips, cages, or bone discs to the places where the discs have been removed. You can view an anterior fusion surgery with cages, here:

http://www.understandspinesurgery.com/animation_player.asp?d=100&t={9A1666CA-3B14-4DBE-9CCA-C6A7E0E95CEC}&s=1&languageID={6574FA28-0A40-49AF-88C8-3CE366C8C580}&

Hopefully, that's not too confusing. If it is, feel free to ask more questions.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
    X