Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
    You guessed correctly I see!

So essentially, simply having scoliosis for years seems to predispose folks to some of these complications.

I see that as an argument to fuse earlier rather than later, especially if early fusion can be shown to reliably reduce complications/pain/disability over later fusion.
    Amen to that Sharon. The first surgeon I saw told me to wait until I was in a wheelchair. Unfortunately I didn't get a good referral from my primary care Doc. I'm glad I decided to look elsewhere.
    Sally
    Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
    Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
    Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
    Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
    New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
    Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Geez ... and I just started getting it at about 14 months post op. It's more of a dull ache from the top of my quad down to a few inches above my knee. Stretching the Psoas muscle and my quads do seem to help.

I do notice it's more present when I don't keep my hamstrings and lumbar area stretched ... yet all said, it feels oddly like a nerve thing ...
      Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
      AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
      Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
      Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
      EMAIL ME

Comment

Working...
      X