Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by titaniumed View Post
    Crystal
    Try taking hot baths, that's what I did. It helped with the pain. Do not slip and fall, move slow getting in and out.Ed
    Check with your doctor before taking a bath. My daughter was allowed to shower at 10 days post-op but not allowed to be in a bathtub or swimming pool at that time frame.

Mary Lou
    Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

Sweetie, I along with the others are so sorry for the pain but it will get better. For some reason they wean you off the medication way too soon in my opinion. I was also fused all the way down the spine. You have lots to learn but that will come in time. Don't you give up. I have a mental illness of bipolar and all that goes with that including anxiety and depression but I bounce back even when I want to just give up. You will become stronger from this ordeal but it's going to take a lot of time. I remember taking showers only and they were so wonderful and then the pain meds. and then a nap. Do call your doctor if you aren't sleeping at all. I didn't sleep long at a time but I did get some sleep. Usually I would sleep no longer than 4 hours at a time.
      Let us know about the leg pain if it keeps up.
      You got some good advice on the bowel movements. I became completely blocked and it was almost as worse as the surgery. I won't go into the details but it was bad. Since the surgery I still have problems with that. I use the little glycerin enemas. They work better than anything and I like that better than taking laxatives.
      You take care and do not push yourself. You will take several months to heal. We are all here for you and will be praying for you. God Bless You, Dereise....

Comment

Hang in there, it WILL get better but you had a major surgery and it takes time. One day at a time. And don't be upset if you seem to be taking one step forward and two back. Krysi

Comment

Yayyy!! My pain has dramatically reduced in the past week. So much to the point where I am taking Oxycodon every 5-6 hours instead of every 4. I met with my surgeon today and he says I can sit up and put my brace on myself now, and I can shower without my brace on (yayyyy!!). I'm also cleared to drive and work, if I have a standing up work station for 4 hours. I'm so excited to start getting back to my life now.

Thank you everyone for your prayers, love and support. It meant a lot to me.

Comment

So are you fused to the pelvis? how is your motion? can you move the same as before?
            Scoliosis Diagnosed at age 12. Wore Milwaukee brace for 2 years.
            Now age 32
            Pre-op curves: C86-T98-L37
            Surgery date: 12/6/2010 (anterior) 12/10/2010 (posterior)
            Fused T2 to L5 with thoracoplasty.
            Post-op curves: C48-T47-L17
            Dr. Robert Pashman
            Cedars Sinai, Los Angeles, CA
            Before and after xrays :
            http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...5&d=1292969215

Comment

Oh, I am so glad you are having less pain. Please don't take this as negative but I didn't get Oxycodon. I only got Loratab when I got home. I could take 2 7.5 at a time every 4 hours but after that was halved in 1 week I didn't do well at all. So I'm just saying that you may have pain come back when your doctor lessens your meds.. I got addicted to Loratab in just a few weeks but I have an addictive body chemistry.
              I wouldn't want to make this any worse on you than you've already been through. I just wanted you to be prepared just in case. None of us are the same and for all we know your pain level will keep going down. God Bless You dear friend, Dereise.............

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                So are you fused to the pelvis? how is your motion? can you move the same as before?
                I am fused to my pelvis from t-8 i believe. I was very stiff after surgery and some of that has left. But I am still very stiff when sitting or standing without my brace on. I like having my brace on now because it is so supportive. I don't know how my motion is because i can't bend. I can lean with my brace on but even that is not easy and uncomfortable

Comment

Working...
                X