No announcement yet.

driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome, Patpow! This is really helpful in getting lots of information. My surgery is still a few days away so I'm not sure I can help you on most of that. I haven't seen that doctor's name on here but it could have been. That does sound worrisome with the eye situation. We are about the same age so you may get some help from me later when I report from the other side, as they say here! Good luck with all this. Janet
    Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
    Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
    Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
    Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
    T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

Hi Patpow, My first surgery was February 10th. It was 11 hours and I don't know if you know this, but they tape your eyes shut during the procedure. I have no idea how that would affect you but I suffer with severe dry eye syndrome. My eye ducts are closed off so that the tears that I have cannot drain away. I don't make enough tears and the quality of my tears is very poor. Anyway, I ended up with a corneal abrasion because of the surgery and having my eyes taped shut for that long and because when my eyes opened they didn't lubricate them. The second surgery on 2/18 was not as long, 9 hours I think, but I gave the nurse anesthesiologist the eye drops that I use, genteal lubricant eye gel to put in before and after the surgery along with whatever they use. I had no eye problems with that surgery. I have no idea if what I just relayed has any bearing on your situation other than to demonstrate that surgery or probably the anesthesia certainly does impact your eyes and in my case quite negatively. The corneal abrasion did not go away for about 6 days and was more painful than the pain from my surgery.
      avis
      Last edited by theizzard; 03-25-2009, 09:54 PM.
      1987 Lumbar Laminectomy (forget which levels)
      2005 A/P fusion, L2 - L5, 2/2005
      2009 2 Posterior fusions, T6 - Pelvis, 2/10 & 2/18,
      Dr. Frank Rand, NEBH

Comment

Working...
      X