No announcement yet.

8 months post op and tripped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone I am getting on ok with the execising, am being careful I havent got that execise equipment I posted the pic of as I have asked the company to hold it for me, and they are going to so I have time to see my doc.

It is meant to be £79.99 I dont know what that is in US dollers, but I have got it for £39.99 if I get it within the week, trying to get to see my doc now.

I am doing some gentle execises that you have mentioned sometimes with the weights but a lot of times without because im not that strong yet...even for 2lb weights
    Although yesterday after I done some execises I went and had a meal out followed by a couple of doughnuts
    Angela, 25 England.
    75 curve top of spine, and getting worse slowly.
    Surgery on 21st May 2008. T3-L4
    Op went well 20ish degree curve now.
    May need op in 18 months to remove rods due to pain, but might calm down when bone graft has healed, less pain now, just some shoulder blade pain, and a cold spot in middle right of back.

Comment

I have found that doughnuts are key to recovery. The ones with chocolate on top and custard in the middle are really good for healing I've found.

Brad
      Surgeries July 26th & August 3rd 1983 (12 years old)
      Still have 57 degree curve
      2 Harrington rods
      Luque method used
      Dr David Bradford
      Twin Cities Scoliosis Center
      Preop xray (with brace on)
      Postop xray

Comment

oh right Brad I will have to try them, I like the ones with Jam and cream...and I dont normally like Cream but in doughnuts very fatty, but it is key for recovery, my mum loved me yesterday as I had a craving for doughnuts with cream and jam and we only had normally ones, so had to go out shopping went to 3 supermarkets before I found them

im not on a diet anyway just want to get healthy.....dont think it is working much yet, but im execising thats the main thing
        Angela, 25 England.
        May need op in 18 months to remove rods due to pain, but might calm down when bone graft has healed, less pain now, just some shoulder blade pain, and a cold spot in middle right of back.

Comment

Hi everyone well I saw my doctor and he didnt say yes or no to that piece of exercise equipment he said I can try it and see how I got, but £79.99 or even £39.99 which it is at the moment is a lot to spend on something that I might not be able to use...and I dont know anyone with that type of exercise equipment so I could try it first..

Anyway he said no to Physio for some reason he said I shouldnt need it not now.....sometimes I think here they are just making cut backs to save money.
          I dont see my surgeon till July, so I might ring his PA and get her to ask him if he would recomend Physio, I dont really want to see him because I dont have any pain at the moment and wouldnt want to waste an apoinment which someone who really needs it could do with.
          Angela, 25 England.

Comment

Gentle ab exercise

One of the first exercises my PT recommended is tightening your abdominal muscle by "tucking your stomach up and back." It's like pulling your stomach away from your waist band, and tucking it up against your diaphragm. Hold for ten seconds, and repeat 20 times. You can increase as you feel comfortable. You can do this while driving or sitting at the computer. To increase the "workout," do a Kegel squeeze at the same time (contracting the pelvic floor muscles as if you were stopping the flow of urine).

I'm wondering why your doctor won't recommend physio for you? It's considered a standard part of recovery in the US--I was thinking that the UK had a pretty good health system. Maybe it's just that doctor?

I'm wishing you the best. Good for you for tackling the exercise on your own!
            Lisa MS
            age 46

Braced 1976 - 1980, corrected to 19" then
            Spinal fusion, a/p, 8 vertebrae, 11/17/08
            Lumbar curve was 57 degrees, now 24 degrees
            Dr. Doug Wong, Panorama Ortho, Golden, Colo.

Comment

Working...
            X