Good news at my 7 week post-op checkup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lynn Marie,

That last month is just the worst!! Just try to relax a little if you can (yeah right, through Christmas time ). It will come and go before you know it. Good luck to you!

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
    Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
    Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
    Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
    Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Congratulations to you!

You look so happy! I'm so glad this went well for you and you got such good reports.

God bless your parents, too! Where would we be without family?

Marian

Comment

Thanks Marian,

My parents just left a few minutes ago after being here for 8 weeks. They live about 375 miles away and I probably won't see them until the spring. I'm bawling like a baby.

Comment

awwww Debbei
          was so pleased to read your latest post about how well things are going for you and seeing the amazing pics and I too, like to put a face to a name too!
          but sorry to hear about your parents leaving - but like you say, it has been wonderful for you to have them around and I am sure this helped you to be so positive and your amazing healing tremendously.
          take care and keep up that walking!
          Louisse
          Diagnosed aged 17 thoracic curve of 40°/48? given brace worn for short time but was then told that I had stopped growing and it wasn’t likely to get worse. Follow ups ‘got lost in the system’ and I chose to ignore until age approx 33, after two children. Now nearly 42yrs curve was progressing (last xrays 67 degrees) and increasing 'backache' so surgery (posterior T3 - L1) went ahead beginning of September 2008 in UK - thoracic curve now approx 20° and I look a lot straighter!

Comment

OMGosh, Debbei, look at how straight you are!!! I am so pleased for you and, as others have said, glad to put a face with a name. You look fantastic. I am glad you had a good report and a wonderful day. It sounds dreamy to me.

I know you will miss your folks. They sound like wonderful people. Hopefully you will concentrate on your recovery and getting strong and spring will be here before you know it! Thanks for the report and the awesome pictures.
            Posterior fusion T5-L1 May 5, 2003-age 43
            Posterior revision, thoracotomy,fusion T2-L2 April 8, 2008-age 49
            Fusion extension C1-L2 evacuation left pulmonary effusion May 9, 2008, age 49
            www.buggfamily.blogspot.com

Comment

Well---my parents leave yesterday morning, and then hubby and I both get tummy bugs. ACK. The first time for me puking with rods in my back, not exactly fun. At least it wasn't earlier in my recovery. If it were I have a feeling it would have been more painful in the back. I'm feeling a little more human this morning, but last night, I was miserable with chills, body aches, etc. Thank goodness my parents left in the nick of time, they didn't catch it, and hopefully will not! Our 3 kids are still ok yet too, this was a very wierd one.

Comment

What a bummer for you, Debbe. I'm so sorry about the stomach bug! Hopefully no one else will come down with it. Hope you're able to just rest and take it easy.

I also wanted to say I understand about the tears when your parents left. I always got teary eyed when mine would head home to CA from visiting here in IN. Visits were few and far between. I don't think I came across that way at all in what I originally posted... Thinking of you and sending hugs, Susie
                71 and plugging along... but having some problems
                2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
                5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
                Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
                CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
                10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Working...
                X