Newbie on deck! Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LynnMarie74 View Post
    Oh...and any one w/significant height increases?? If so how many inches did you gain? Im curious! And deformity correction? Would be nice not to look uneven anymore!
    Well I grew 3 inches and I have pre and post op pics below, so you can see the amount of correction they did. What they can do these days is amazing!
    Surgeries July 26th & August 3rd 1983 (12 years old)
    Still have 57 degree curve
    2 Harrington rods
    Luque method used
    Dr David Bradford
    Twin Cities Scoliosis Center
    Preop xray (with brace on)
    Postop xray

Comment

Originally posted by LynnMarie74 View Post
      I go on Jan 5th for my pre-op. What can u tell me abou that? My hubby cant go, so Im making my bff along! lol
      The pre-op isn't too bad. I went to the clinic and met with a PA. She asked me about my medical history and watched me walk, checked my reflexes etc. Then she gave me some antibacterial soap to shower with on the day of the surgery and i got to ask any more questions that I had to Tribus. Then I had to drive to the hospital. They took my blood and put a medical bracelet on me that I wasn't allowed to take off until after the surgery. I had an EKG and then talked to an anesthesiologist. It wasn't too bad...just tons and tons of waiting. I'd bring my bff too. She can keep you company

The one fun part was that whenever I was in the waiting rooms, they kept giving me those things that they give you in a restaurant when you're waiting for a table that light up and buzz. I was very amused by them...lol
      20 year old college student
      Pre-op: 3 curves (30-50-30 degrees)
      Spinal Fusion: T4-L1 June 2005
      Broken rod/failed fusion found Jan. 2007
      Revision surgery:May 21, 2008 - Dr Tribus @ UW Hospital in Madison (found only 2 levels fused from previous surgery)

Comment

Thanks for the info, appreciate it!!
        Lynn -30.... something
        DxD @ 8 yrs old: 10* curve-no brace-no nothin'!
        At age 26: Thorasic 48*/Lumbar 50*
        At age 34: Thorasic 58*/Lumbar 60*
        Posterior T5-L4 Fusion Jan 14th, 2009 w/Dr Tribus
        UW Madison, WI Hospital
        **AFTER: less than 10* Thorasic/15* Lumbar**

Comment

Working...
        X