Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night sweats and sleeping naked

Hi Ginger,
    I am coming up on 3 weeks-I just got home yesterday. The night sweats are so unbelievable and I have to get up and change too. I have decided to put an xtra sheet under me and just sleep naked. At least I won't have to get up in the freezing cold here in Ct and change at 3 am.
    I think it is dilaudid that is doing it. I tried to be a hero and take advil yesterday and last night was the first time I had no sweats. But I guess that is the price to pay for relative comfort.
    I took my first walk today down the street. It was about a 10 minute walk. I felt pretty good. No muscle spasms. I hope my muscles are beginning to get used to their new homes.

wendy h
    Surgery Oct 6th 2008
    47 degrees to almost perfect
    home and hanging in there
    check out my attached xray!
    wendy from Ct
    surgery Oct 6th 2008
    50 degree lumbar curve
    corrected to zero

Comment

Hi Wendy,
      I was on oxycodone and I had night sweats also. It could be because you had major surgery also, it kind of upsets your internal thermostat. Are you sure you should be taking Advil? It is an anti-inflammatory and I was told not to take anything other than tylenol as anti-inflammatories interfere with the fusion process. Please check with your Doctor before you take anymore Advil. Better to have a few night sweats than to compromise your fusion. This too shall pass.

So glad to hear that you are home. I bet your little one is happy to have her Mommy home. I'm glad you were able to take a 10 minute walk. I ended up getting myself a used treadmill since my surgery was in December and it was way too cold and icy last winter to walk outside. Today is a nice day for a walk, but it will be getting colder and colder soon here in the northeast. Take good care.

Sally
      Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
      Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
      Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
      Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
      New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
      Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

night sweats

it's so true about the 3 week night sweat marker. I was positive it was the medication but today is the 3 week mark and the sweats have been markedly diminishing.
        wendy from Ct
        surgery Oct 6th 2008
        50 degree lumbar curve
        corrected to zero

Comment

Hi Wendy

Congratulations! Sounds like things are going fine.Welcome to the forum.

I had the sweats so bad, I floated downstream and docked at the local marina!

I believe the "sweats" have to do with the anestesia in the fat cells. It can take some time to rid this from your system. My sweats went on for about 3 months, as they had me on a respirator for about 6 days and I was on percs for 5 weeks. I was also freezing all the time! Im amazed it didnt turn to ice, I could have had a serious wreck! With all the earthquakes we were having out here, who knows what could have happened!

dangerous stuff. Im glad its over! LOL

Ed
          49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
          Pre surgery curves T70,L70
          ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
          Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
          http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
          http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment