November and December 2008 surgeries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Olivia,

I've actually never heard of a surgeon waiting a few years between A/P surgeries - usually it's a few days to a couple of weeks. I could be entirely wrong, but still - you might like to ask your surgeon more about the timeline. Whatever the case, best of luck!!

Comment

December 19

Hi SusieBee. My surgery will be Dec 19 at Baylor Hospital, Plano Texas by Dr Hostin. It is revision surgery needed because I am in a lot of pain due to the extra pressure the first fusion put on the lower vertebrae ( I am the one asking questions about a long fusion). It will be a/p with some cages/discs put in as well. Thank you. I tried to post it but it on the calendar but it wouldn't let me. I am pretty anxious at this point.

His office called me yesterday to "start the process" of preop w/ myelograms (which I understand are not much fun), bone scans, labs etc. So I am thinking here we go....(GULP)

Comment

Scolimich, lulu, others?

This kind of got buried-- and I know some of you have surgeries coming soon, but I just don't get as much time to sort through the posts for the info. Please add on here or PM me if you want your info in the first post of this thread. Thanks!

Best wishes and prayers to those of you about to have surgeries. Soon this "waiting" part will be over, you'll be straighter and and your spine will be stabilized, and you'll be on the road to recovery... Hugs, Susie
        71 and plugging along... but having some problems
        2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
        5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
        Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
        CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
        10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Surgery on Thursday (Australian time)

All the very best to Michelle (Discombobulated) for a successful surgery and a smooth recovery.

I will keep the forum members updated, as I hear the news from your brother. Take care, there are many here who will be thinking of you and wishing you well!
          Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
          Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
          T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
          Osteotomies and Laminectomies
          Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Thanks, Jennifer. It's good to know you'll let us know how the surgery goes. Yes, Dis-- you'll be in my thoughts and prayers on Thursday.

Scolimich is tomorrow...

Corrected to 15°

Comment

any others?

I just added bibachi's son, Jesse, for the 15th... but don't have any details. Are there any others that anyone can think of?

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Yes, Thank you Susie*Bee.
                Jesse 15, 12/15 @ Children's Hospital, Boston
                Dr. Hresko
                T2-T12
                Bethany

Comment

Hi Susie and all others

I couldnt find a place to start talking so grabbed onto this and hope that it isn't nothing official or can't be fixed. I've always just answered a post but if I started one, that would be pretty unusual and I wouldn't know what I was doing then either. Just wantd you all to know why I've not been around in a while. You knew about the broken pelvis; jut as soon as it started feeling just a wee bit better, then a sort spot developed in the middle of my back, like around my waistline. very bothersome. By the next day I was ready to go see my spine surgeon; they Xrayed me, and it was torn and ripped scar tissue in those areas mentioned. Nothing can be done. Bed rest, ice packs, heating pads. stay off it. I still hven't been able to return to work but can still do a few things at home.

I see Discombulated had her surgery . Good for her. I wish
                  her the best

Diane
                  Diane in Dallas
                  Adult Ideopatic Scoliosis (37%) and Kyphosis (65%)
                  Surgery #1 8/4/03 - Dr. Shelokov, Plano
                  Surg #2 12/8/03 - Dr. Shelokov, Plano
                  Surg #3 1/10/05 - Dr. Shelokov, Plano
                  Surg #4 9/10/07 - Dr. Viere, Dallas
                  Surg #5 1/28/08 - Dr. Viere, Dallas
                  Surg #6 4/27/09 - Dr. Viere, Dallas

Comment

Diane-- I'm so sorry to hear about the new development with your complications. I am on a trip and don't very often have internet access and/or time, so I probably won't be posting much this next week. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers though. Bedrest doesn't sound like much fun right now, especially since you must be hurting as well. Keep us posted... Gentle hugs, Susie

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Originally posted by Diane BCSW View Post
                      I couldnt find a place to start talking so grabbed onto this and hope that it isn't nothing official or can't be fixed. I've always just answered a post but if I started one, that would be pretty unusual and I wouldn't know what I was doing then either. Just wantd you all to know why I've not been around in a while. You knew about the broken pelvis; jut as soon as it started feeling just a wee bit better, then a sort spot developed in the middle of my back, like around my waistline. very bothersome. By the next day I was ready to go see my spine surgeon; they Xrayed me, and it was torn and ripped scar tissue in those areas mentioned. Nothing can be done. Bed rest, ice packs, heating pads. stay off it. I still hven't been able to return to work but can still do a few things at home.

I see Discombulated had her surgery . Good for her. I wish
                      her the best

Diane
                      Diane,

I'm so sorry that you have another complication. Hopefully the pain will stop as mysteriously as it started. You will be in my prayers.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
                      Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
                      Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
                      Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
                      Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Working...
                      X