Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anxiety, Anxious, Scared, Excited...Is it normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck Reggie. It's great that you're so excited about your surgery now that it's so close. You're very brave. I wish you a rapid and smooth recovery and look forward to your updates.

Jen
    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Reggie, it's so great to hear you excited! You'll be in recovery mode in no time now & I'm glad you've got your wonderful wife & daughter to support you through it.

Best of luck to you, take care

Comment

Reggie- I'm so excited for you! It's a giant step when you get to the point where you are feeling both excited and ready! We will be looking forward to that post saying all is well and you are on the "other side" of this surgery. I know I've said it before, but it's kind of like the excited anticipation before Christmas... Your "house" of a spine is about to have the ultimate remodeling job... and that is so super! I'm praying for you-- for a successful surgery and relatively quick recovery. Take care! Susie
        71 and plugging along... but having some problems
        2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
        5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
        Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
        CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
        10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Hi Reggie,

Ditto to what Susie said. I know you are in good hands at Barnes. They saved my Brother's life several years ago and I know they have an excellent reputation. I'll be praying for you and your family. Sally
          Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
          Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
          Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
          Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
          New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
          Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Reggie,

Best of luck with your surgery...I am glad your excited about it. I have never regretted the surgery and yes it was a long slow recovery for me but I am still happy I had it done.

Best Wishes,
            Patty 51 years old
            Surgery May 23, 2007(43 Birthday)
            Posterior T3- L4
            Pre surgery curves
            T-53degrees
            L-38degrees
            and a severe side shift to the right.
            Post surgery curves
            Less than 10 degrees
            Surgery April, 2006
            C4 - C6