Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8 Days till surgery and youngest child has LICE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking of you Debbei. Not long now. I can't imagine what it's like for you right now. I think we should all be given knock out pills and sleep through the last week. That way you wouldn't even know your youngest had nits!

Be good to yourself and take care.

Jen
    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferG View Post
      Thinking of you Debbei. Not long now. I can't imagine what it's like for you right now. I think we should all be given knock out pills and sleep through the last week. That way you wouldn't even know your youngest had nits!

Be good to yourself and take care.

Jen

LOL that's funny. My last day on the job (contractor position) was yesterday, and my boss said that during the next 6 months of the world financial crisis, I could be in a daze and not even know it , and then when it's all over, the economy is doing better and they are hiring again, I could go back.

Sounds like a plan to me!!

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
      Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
      Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
      Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
      Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Debbei:

I'm leaving town for a week on Monday, but want you to know I'll be thinking of you on the 15th.

Mary Ellen

Comment

Debbei,

Sounds like our stories are similar--I'm 46, had a brace 1976 to 1980, and am facing surgery a couple of weeks after you are.

I will be praying for you on Wednesday, as well as before and after. Hoping to reading positive posts from you afterwards, saying how much better it went than you were fearing! But if that's not the case, we'll be here for you.

Much love,
          Lisa
          Lisa MS
          age 46

Braced 1976 - 1980, corrected to 19" then
          Spinal fusion, a/p, 8 vertebrae, 11/17/08
          Lumbar curve was 57 degrees, now 24 degrees
          Dr. Doug Wong, Panorama Ortho, Golden, Colo.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaMS View Post
            Debbei,

Sounds like our stories are similar--I'm 46, had a brace 1976 to 1980, and am facing surgery a couple of weeks after you are.

I will be praying for you on Wednesday, as well as before and after. Hoping to reading positive posts from you afterwards, saying how much better it went than you were fearing! But if that's not the case, we'll be here for you.

Much love,
            Lisa
            Lisa,

You're not kidding we are similar. Same age, I had the brace the same years as you did, although the last year I think was just for sleeping. How ironic that they considered us such successes with the brace.

I am a lot calmer than I thought I would be at this point, I guess because so much is going on in my life. I just wish that it were already one month from now and I was through it already!

Good luck to you too.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
            Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
            Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
            Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
            Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Originally posted by debbei View Post

I am a lot calmer than I thought I would be at this point, I guess because so much is going on in my life. I just wish that it were already one month from now and I was through it already!
              I'm thinking of you and before you know it, you will be one month into recovery. It's just that before you have the surgery, time goes by oh so slowly, but once you get through the surgery, time starts to fly again. Just think positive thoughts.
              Sally
              Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
              Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
              Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
              Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
              New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
              Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Best of Wishes!

Debbe,

I just wanted to give you my best before Wednesday. I will keep you in my prayers. I hope to see/hear posts on you next week. Best wishes on your surgery and a speedy recovery!
                Take care and talk to ya soon.

Comment

Working...
                X