Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that a NJ thing?

Debbe

Wow! foliculitis! Is that a NJ thing? You know I can say that being from NJ. Im sorry, but now my reccomendation is to stay out of the hot tub! Ask your Doctor about this.

Stick to the bathtub. Its safer.

Call a professional, you dont want opportunistic pathogens(bacterium) in your water. If he knows what he is doing, he will explain why this happens,how this happens, and exactly who will get it, and how to prevent it. (standard hot tub protocol) Ask about ozone systems ?

If you drain, the problem is not solved,the bacteria is still in the hoses and pumps, and there is no test for this. I dont know if they run bleach through or not.

Its not that big a deal, just a new set of rules. (biology class)

I had an illius and had to hang out for a while at the hospital. Since you are not doing an anterior, your chances of this are nil. So, it was on my 11th day that I took my first shower, and on day 12 was my first time in the hot tub. They want time for the large cuts to heal somewhat. I have wooden steps to get in and out. Remember, no falling allowed!!!

Once again, talk to your Dr about this!

Ed
    49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
    Pre surgery curves T70,L70
    ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
    Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Hi Ed,

No, the foliculitis was a one time thing the first week we had the hot tub. My husband knows what he's doing now with the water, although, I'm not going in there again before my surgery. I just don't want to take the chance of getting an infection.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
      Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
      Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
      Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
      Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Debbe ...

Avoiding the whole religious aspect, I will say I believe you ended up exactly where you needed to be - and where others needed to see you - wrestling with all this.

You're going to do just fine, sweetheart, and you've traversed MILES in hope since you arrived here.

Of course you'll be a nut before surgery. I've yet to see anyone who isn't (at times), even though they feel they're mentally prepared. Anyone who's had surgery will ignore the nut (pre-op and post-op) and remember you - LOL.

No worries!

Pam
        Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
        AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
        Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
        Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
        EMAIL ME

Comment

It's so good to hear someone who describes herself as a "worrier" say she's getting just a little bit "excited" as surgery date draws near! I think that's wonderful and I hope I will eventually be able to say the same.

At first, when I was told I'd need this surgery, I didn't give a thought to being straight, or life without the rib hump, all I could think about was the surgery and the long recovery. But one day I woke up and realised I would be, if not straight, at least a lot straighter, and with a reduced rib hump, maybe no rib hump! And I did feel a teensy, weensy bit of excitement.

It will be nice to buy a pair of pants and not have to take up one leg!

I hope the excitement grows for you Debbei.
          Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
          Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
          T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
          Osteotomies and Laminectomies
          Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Working...
          X