Surgery Oct. 6th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Several months

I had a posterior revision to the sacrum in May 2007. An anterior procedure was done in February 2008 to reinforce the fusion and add a plate to L5-S1, roughly 8 months later. (My lumbar needed more stabilization than was provided by the posterior approach alone.)
    FeliciaFeliciaFelicia
    10/24/00 posterior fusion T4-L4 at age 57
    8/5/05 posterior surgery for spinal stenosis at L4-L5; laminectomy and fusion
    5/14/07 posterior revision with fusion to sacrum
    2/11/08 anterior discectomy L5-S1, and reinforcement of fusion with plate attached to L5-S1
    3/9/2011 and 3/11/2011 revision surgery with Dr. Lenke, St. Louis - complete revision and fusion with instrumentation from T1 to sacrum, one lumbar osteotomy.

Comment

I am back. They changed my surgury to Oct. 8th rather than 6th. My curve is 65 degrees and I will be fused from T10 to S1. He said my 2nd surgery would be 4-6 weeks later. It will be anterior fusing on the lowest 3 to have double the stability in that region. That made sense. He is going to be doing a lot of reshaping of vertebrae with the 1st posterior surgery at the same time as the fusing and feels that is major enough for 1 surgery and wants me to have a chance to regain strength. It all made sense. Thanks for the excersize tips and the why for them. I think I can handle the slide down the wall. I have always been so physical and a huge excersize freak. The inability to take walks for much distance and not even water walking anymore is why we are going to "fix" me! I am so ready now to just get started healing!!!! ha! Onto the other threads I have missed. I love your help and all I learn here.
      Nancy Joy

Surgery- Posterior- Oct. 8th, 2008
      Anterior- Nov. 10th, 2008
      Age 54
      T10 to Sacrum
      Curve 65 degrees
      Very straight now!!!

Comment

Two days to go and thinking of you Nancy Joy. Hope you are fit and well and "ready" for this operation as you seemed to be earlier. Good luck for an smooth journey and a great result!
        Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
        Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
        T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
        Osteotomies and Laminectomies
        Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Good Luck this week Nancy Joy! What doctor are you using at KU med? I used to see Dr. Asher there. I wish he was still there! I was thinking of getting a second opinion there.

Comment

Nancy, I'm not sure how I'd missed your thread till now sorry! All my fingers are crossed for things to go smoothly. I'll be thinking much over you over the coming weeks

Comment

Working...
            X