Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nerve pain

Theresa.

So sorry, you still have the nerve pain. Especially after all that you been through.

I used to take Lyrica for nerve pain, but it really didn't help a lot. I just quit taking it. The anti inflammatory drugs helped more. I guess it kept the swelling down enough to keep some of the pressure off the nerve.

Let us know if you find a solution.

p

Comment

Hi, really new to this site. but I take Neurontin at night for my restless legs. I take several other meds for pain during the day. It is weird, I take several strong meds to help with the pain, but cannot take the Neurontin during the day, it makes me goofy. It is the only thing that helps with the restless legs.

I have two Harrington Rods that were inserted in 1981. Really started having problems a year ago. Trying to decide if surgery would be worth it.

Have you had revision surgery?? If so, did it help you much?

Comment

Dear Joanne,

Many people with Harrington Rods have needed revision surgery. You may want to run a search using the word "Harrington" and you will find several friends traveling along the same path, especially in the "Surgical (Revision) area of the forum.

I didn't have Harrington Rods, although I had fusions without instrumentation in the 1960s. They partially took. Scoliosis surgery has come a long, long way with current methods and I bet you can get some help with your situation with a good revisionist surgeon.
        Ginger Woolley

Oct 2018, L3 - S1, Anterior & Posterior, Dr Sigurd Berven, UCSF, San Francisco
        May 2008, T4 - L3, Dr. Ohenaba Boachie, Hospital for Special Surgery, NYC
        Sept 1967, T4 - T 11, without instrumentation, Dr Thomas Brown, Stanford

Comment

neurontin

I tapered off neurontin, under my pain doc's direction, before I returned to work 6 months post-op. It caused short-term memory deficits in my case and I could not do my job safely in those circumstances.
          Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
          Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

Working...
          X