Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok time for my next embarassing question :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

opposite effect!

I had a hysterectomy 8 years ago, so no periods for me. But they quit giving me my estrogen supplement for fear it would promote blood clots. So I went through abrupt menopause in the hospital. Hot flashes galore-I would have my hubby turn down the thermostat before he left for the evening and the nurses would turn it back up because they froze in my room. Miserable, for sure.
    Posterior fusion T5-L1 May 5, 2003-age 43
    Posterior revision, thoracotomy,fusion T2-L2 April 8, 2008-age 49
    Fusion extension C1-L2 evacuation left pulmonary effusion May 9, 2008, age 49
    www.buggfamily.blogspot.com

Comment

All I can say is *thank GAWD* I stopped smoking (so I could have the surgery AND stay on the year round pill ... NEVER have a period).

Debbei, you won't care. I was calling out on my cell phone the afternoon of surgery, and *I* didn't care.

But, yes ... from other surgeries I've had (knee and ankle reconstructions) that produce the same effect, PACK SUPPLIES FROM HOME.
      Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
      AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
      Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
      Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
      EMAIL ME

Comment

period

I had my period when I had surgery. I brought my own little suitcase of comfy clothes & undies. But I BARELY remember the nurses taking care of it. They changed my pads & cleaned me up whenever necessary. They told me that women usually get their periods even when they're not expecting them (like I did) mostly b/c of the stress you're in waiting for the surgery.
        I had NO shame for about three months prior to surgery since my mum/sister had to help me in & out of the shower/tub, etc.
        Don't stress about anything you don't have to, just remember these nurses/doctors have seen it all. Literally.

All the best with your surgery.
        lisanicolegrace
        29/F/Canada
        Surgery - 11/10/2000
        80° curve to 19° post op.
        www.lisanicolegrace.com
        @lisanicolegrace
        facebook
        x-rays
        picture of my back

Comment

Working...