July, August, September and October surgeries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

news from Louisse...

Just wanted to let you all know I got a PM from Louisse and it sounds like she's doing fine. She's 4 weeks post-op now. She says she needs to rest a lot and looks forward to the time when she has more energy. She hopes to be up to posting sometime soon.
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

a bunch coming up

With so many surgeries coming up-- and Debbe's today-- I thought I'd bring this old post up... look at the first post in the thread to see the surgeries...

I'm going to cut and paste November's surgeries into a new thread of November and December surgeries, so it's in the title and not so ancient. If you know of others coming up then, please add them on and then I'll go back and put them in the first post.

Thanks!

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Just added arizo...

Corrected to 15°

Comment

surgery news???

Anyone hear from str8nup/Reggie (surgery 10/20) or 2Lucky2/Arlene (10/21)???

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Afraid not, Susie. Reggie said his wife would try to post within about the first week of his surgery, so *fingers crossed*....

Comment

HI Susie~

I tried to add this with no success to the calendar. My second surgery is definitely Nov. 10th. It is to add front fusion to the lowest part of my 1st fusion for extra stability. I am ready to go!!! Thanks, Nancy
              Nancy Joy

Surgery- Posterior- Oct. 8th, 2008
              Anterior- Nov. 10th, 2008
              Age 54
              T10 to Sacrum
              Curve 65 degrees
              Very straight now!!!

Comment

any news???

Just wondering if anyone has heard how the recent surgeries went for 2lucky2, canadian bacon, and sunnyday.

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Has anyone heard from sunnyday as to how her surgery went at Georgetown?

Comment

I'm doing fine

Sorry I have not posted sooner, but this is the first day I have had Internet acccess.
                    My surgery was on 10/21/08 with Dr. Boachie. The surgery lasted 12 1/2 hours. I was in the StepDown Unit (ICU) for 8 days until the chest tube could be removed. At that time I was in my own room. I was sent home on 11/5/08, since there were no beds in the rehab.
                    I have been staying at my mom's, today my husband brought me over to our house. I will return to my house after Thanksgiving. My house has lots of steps to get into and mom's only has 2.
                    I am doing well, just have no appetite.

Arlene

Comment

Glad to hear you're doing well Arlene!

Comment

Any word on how Nancy Joy's 2nd op went?? Have I just missed a post somewhere, or is there no word yet?

Nancy Joy - hope all went well & you're on a smooth road of recovery....

Comment

Working...
                        X