My Final Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris,

I wish you would stay as well. This is the time when you need people around you to encourage you, especially those who have gone through the same experience. I can't help you out there as I am new to this whole thing, but I hate to think of you going off like that. I think that a broad range of emotions has to be natural for anyone going through something like this.

Take care of yourself, and I will be praying for you on your surgery date.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
    Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
    Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
    Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
    Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Please don't leave!

Hi Chris- sorry I haven't been reading a lot lately, but who on earth asked you to leave? Please don't stop posting here- I will be praying for your surgery and recovery, I know your faith will help you endure whatever out Lord has in store for you. please let me know how you're doing , after surgery, when you're able to get on the internet again. May God bless and protect you- and may He guide the surgeon's hands!
      In Christian love,

Jamie
      57 years old.
      thoracic curve 68 degrees
      lumbar-sacral curve +/- 41 degrees
      Cspine C3- C7 fusion Nov. 2011 <done! success!!>, then scoli surgery T2- L4 or maybe to sacrum.
      Discogram/ myelogram pending. Surgery to be scheduled, maybe fall 2015. <scared but I know this is not going to get better>
      THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR SHARING EXPERIENCES AND KNOWLEDGE!

Comment

Jamie,
        but who on earth asked you to leave?
        I think it was ca-native in the Moved "Nonsense", etc, etc thread. Edited to say that I have no problem with what ca-native posted - I never stated that I thought the post was wrong - I was merely answering the questions of those interested as to why Chris felt she should leave. I have no problem with ca-native, have never heard of him/her before, have no history (that I can recall). I have looked and can find no other post in which Chris could feel that she had been asked to leave. I said "I think" because it was what .... I thought! And probably still think - but not with malice or anger. If anyone has any better suggestion, please feel free to share. To be honest, I am not terribly interested - just a bit bored with being set upon by the hyenas.

Chris, Please don't leave! I think you could do with our help over the next few weeks/months and I know that we could do with yours!

I am not religious but have no problem with your faith. Please continue to be active here. I understand you're feeling hurt and maybe even a little chagrined. Please try to draw a line under previous posts and responses. Sometimes this forum can be a little unforgiving; errors of judgement can be jumped upon & posters vilified. You are not the only one to have suffered this fate recently.

For goodness sake we all make mistakes! (Don't we??)

Please do not drive away people who we can help and who can help us.

I appreciate, Pam, that you would have been offended by Chris's post but I know that you are strong enough to deal with it.

Let's try to get on a little better. pretty please??
        Last edited by RugbyLaura; 06-12-2008, 05:28 PM.
        UK based Mum of Imogen, 38 degree curve at 9 years old. SpineCor since 15/6/07, 31 degrees in brace.
        10th December 07 - 27 degrees, 23rd June 08 - 26 degrees, Feb 09 - 24 degrees, Aug 09 - 35 degrees, Jul 10 - 47 degrees, Dec 10 - 50+ degrees.
        Surgery due to take place early December 2011 at the RNOH, England.

Comment

I'll state it again:

"No one should leave this forum for any reason, no matter how bizarre. Except mabye spammers."

It's was my judgment that you are not a spammer. So I hope you will stay and we can all try and work through this. I hate to see kids or even adults fight, or even kids fighting adults. Sorry if my stubborness fueled this as well, I'm human and make mistakes and everyone should have that freedom on this site.

Please stay.

-Danielle

Also, you WILL need everybody here for support in the coming weeks so please think before you leave, also things read off of print often can come across differently then they were meant. I've experienced this many times and it's a simple matter of not instantly judging how someone is speaking, so please stay. I know I've probably done it as well many a time.
          Last edited by ElleBelleCurvz; 06-09-2008, 04:19 PM.
          Danielle
          14 Freshwoman
          December 1st got no head the boston brace
          Pre Brace Curves:18C 25T 30L
          In brace curves: (1/23/08) 16C 20T 22L
          In brace Curves: (5/21/08) 19C 19T 15L
          We're Bringing CURVY BACK

Comment

Originally posted by ElleBelleCurvz
            I'll state it again:

"No one should leave this forum for any reason, no matter how bizarre. Except mabye spammers."

It's was my judgment that you are not a spammer. So I hope you will stay and we can all try and work through this. I hate to see kids or even adults fight, or even kids fighting adults. Sorry if my stubborness fueled this as well, I'm human and make mistakes and everyone should have that freedom on this site.
            That spammer comment is really funny!

For what it's worth, I'm on a few health related boards (who says you can't cure yourself over the internet ) and in the past month or so, after several months of no problems, huge disagreements have broken out on all of them. The other boards have calmed down now, people who felt they should leave have returned and peace has been restored. Maybe it was something in the air.

I do hope the original poster's surgery goes well and that she returns if she needs support - this really is a great board, usually incredibly informative, and I'd hate to see personality differences change that. Thanks to all of you who have posted information on here - there are many of us benefitting from it, even if we don't post to thank you specifically for each piece (consider this my all-encompassing thank you )

- Sarah
            - 39 years old
            - At age 14, curve progressed from 45 degrees to 62 degrees in two months.
            - Surgery in 1990 at the Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO) with Dr. Letts. Fused T5 to L2. Corrected to about 30 degrees.
            - Harrington rod
            - Herniated disc - L5/S1 - January 2008. Summer 2009 - close to making a full recovery.
            - New mommy as of February 2011
            - Second child - September 2013
            - Staying relatively painfree through physio exercises!

Comment

Chris, I also agree with all who urge you to stay on this forum for all the reasons everyone has already stated. I felt very alone in dealing with scoliosis until I found this site - it has been a huge help, and I hope all the loving responses you have received to stay will be a source of encouragement to you. I am a believer as well, but I agree this is not a forum for religion and preaching; however, we can stay true to our faith when our actions and words and edifying and uplifting, and by praying for others. Thank you for sharing your struggle with depression, and I will be praying for you. I wish all the best in your ongoing health journey.
              Lisa, Portland, OR
              49 y.o.
              46 degree curve L1-L5, mild T curve
              L5-S1 healthy, thankfully
              Lumbar stenosis, osteoarthritis, lumbosacral sponsylosis
              T11-L5 fusion 7/3/08

Comment

Originally posted by RugbyLaura
                I think it was ca-native in the Moved "Nonsense", etc, etc thread.
                If you "think" you know who it was, but cannot say or prove it for sure, then please don't speculate and specifically name someone who "may" be innocent and may very well NOT be the cause of another member leaving the forum.

We have a saying in this country "innocent until proven guilty".

Regards,
                mariaf305@yahoo.com
                Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
                Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

Chris:

I want you to stay too. I have seen a lot of good people leave this forum over the past few months. This is very upsetting to witness since it seems to be because of a few of the same forum members over and over.

You are facing a big step in your life and you came here for help with / to discuss your scoliosis issues.

Don't go.

Ruth
                  Ruth, 50 years old (s-shaped 30 degree scoliosis) with degenerative disc disease, married to Mike. Mother to two children - Son 18 and daughter 14. Both have idiopathic scoliosis. Son (T38, L29) has not needed surgery to date. Daughter (March 08 - T62, L63).

Comment

Originally posted by rtremb
                    I have seen a lot of good people leave this forum over the past few months. This is very upsetting to witness since it seems to be because of a few of the same forum members over and over.
                    Could you support your "theory" with more than supposition, Ruth? That's a bold claim.

I've stayed quiet (and will return to that stance on this topic), but do you even know what facilitated this thread? What you think "seems to be", posted *here*, is more than a tad ironic.

The nature of this forum - any forum - is people come, people go.

I bear no ill will towards Chris (in fact, you'll see I listed her in my well wishes for pre-ops in another thread), and there IS no hidden agenda, conspiracy theory, mass exodus, or whatever you're insinuating.

How many "good people" (lurking newbies) do you know, Ruth? Do you realize how many "good people" have *almost* ran screaming in terror from the misinformation posted here - and would have if they'd not contacted various people and were calmed enough to stay? Do any of us know how many just left without a trace - or a word?

How exactly (I'm really quite curious) do you quantify the terms "lots" and "over and over" in your post above? And how *can* you possibly when your post *also* includes the phrase "seems to be"?

You once posted (shortly after my arrival here) you refused to discuss anything with me because I was "too aggressive" for you.

Whatever your personal view of me, *my* view is passive-aggression, from anyone, is unbecoming. I think we're all big girls and boys here; say what mean, please. It's not really that difficult.

Regards,
                    Pam
                    Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
                    AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
                    Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
                    Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
                    EMAIL ME

Comment

Yes, Pam - I seem to recall that myself and a few other moms had to create an entirely NEW website a while back in order to be able discuss VBS with newbies without certain people sticking their noses in on a topic they new very little about and stirring the pot "over and over".

(Now THAT claim I can substantiate just by going back and looking for the threads - it happened dozens of times).

Maybe those people had to get their kicks somehow and tried to kick us around for fun. But, being thick-skinned, we (those whose posts kept getting hijacked) did not cry foul about those people who were trying to run us off and shut us up.

It seems like those making the accusations have NOTHING to back them up (like the post accusing ca-native with absolutely NOTHING to substantiate that claim).

Ruth - it seems like every time you post you have to try to bring personalities into it. If you have no other agenda and TRULY want to make the forum a friendlier place, then please refrain from doing that.

ENOUGH already.
                      Last edited by mariaf; 06-12-2008, 08:10 AM.
                      mariaf305@yahoo.com

Comment

Here we go again.

Have edited, just to say that I have edited my previous post, if you are interested. Have a look, you may find some more ammunition.

This is so boring.
                        Last edited by RugbyLaura; 06-12-2008, 05:33 PM.
                        UK based Mum of Imogen, 38 degree curve at 9 years old. SpineCor since 15/6/07, 31 degrees in brace.
                        10th December 07 - 27 degrees, 23rd June 08 - 26 degrees, Feb 09 - 24 degrees, Aug 09 - 35 degrees, Jul 10 - 47 degrees, Dec 10 - 50+ degrees.
                        Surgery due to take place early December 2011 at the RNOH, England.

Comment

I was thinking this thread was going to be a good one for Chris to read AFTER her surgery, when she might venture back to the forum without the stress of her surgery still in front of her. There are so many nice well wishes and all. Unfortunately, it has gone sour... I understood what Laura was saying--she just was trying to answer the question, not provoke more heat. Can we just end this, please?
                          71 and plugging along... but having some problems
                          2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
                          5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
                          Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
                          CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
                          10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Originally posted by RugbyLaura
                            Here we go again.

Have edited, just to say that I have edited my previous post, if you are interested. Have a look, you may find some more ammunition.

This is so boring.
                            Okay, to stop the guessing let me (ca-native) clarify a few things:

1) I wish all the best to Chris WBS. Yes, we are all here to support each other during our scoliosis journeys.

2) Some truly scary posts were being made by Chris WBS; for whatever reason I don't know. The bottom line is: if I was a newbie pre-op and those posts were the first thing I read, I would have been scared out of my mind for my daughter. Also, several other people communicated on this forum that those posts were not beneficial, indeed harmful to someone’s well being as they headed into surgery.

3) Once again, I sincerely hope Chris WBS does have a successful surgery but this “My Last Post” thread is on the dramatic side and watching all the begging for her to come back is interesting and frankly, disconcerting with the remarks made about me, “ca-native”. So disconcerting in fact, that I removed my daughter’s pre and post-op pictures as well as the when and where information about her surgery when negative remarks started about “ca-native”. So as people are posting for Chris to come back has anyone considered how I might feel when all I was trying to do is request a member stop the frightening posts for the benefit of the newbies?

4) Last of all, I find it quite intriguing that anyone would think I have the power to cause someone to leave this forum. If I had that kind of ability to mind control people I would start a TV show and make a ton of money!

And RugbyLaura, I agree – this is boring. If it will bring an end to this thread, Chris WBS come on back…
                            Last edited by ca-native; 06-12-2008, 06:41 PM.
                            ca-native (daughter had surgery)

Comment

Well said, ca-native!

I too find this boring - I'd much rather be supporting newbies, encouraging those facing surgery, etc. That IS what this forum is for, after all.
                              mariaf305@yahoo.com

Comment

I just think it is such a shame that you feel you must leave the forum.
                                This is suppose to be an informational and supportive site and it is a pity it hasn't continued to be that for you.
                                I hope it was not just one member asking you to leave because that would be equivalent to school yard bullying!
                                Good luck and I really hope to see you back.
                                CarolS
                                68 degree right lumbar scoliosis, mild kyphosis at L1-2
                                Anterior/Posterior Correction, T8 to Sacrum, Sept 20th, 2007
                                Osteotomy March 20,2008
                                Thrilled with results!

Comment

Working...
                                X