Hey New York, need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nyc

Tell your son to just run a few blocks west and he can then run south along the hudson river. There is a running path the whole way down to the southern tip of Manhattan and it is perfectly safe and absolutely spectacular. Carmines is great, but you must make reservations in advance. Otherwise, Victor's Cafe (cuban food) is always a fun place in the Theatre District. In Little Italy try SPQR and in Chinatown see if you can make it to the Peking Duck House. John's Pizza, as others have said, is very good, but so are most street corner pizza places. If you want lunch around Dr. B's office, there is a good japanese restaurant on 70th between York and 1st avenue and a good irish pub a few doors away from that for burgers and the like. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Heathmoose
      Then there's Ellen's Stardust Diner, which is on Broadway and 50th street, I think. They have good food and the staff sings and performs for you as well.
      Heather,

It's so funny you mentioned Ellen's. I've only been there once - my son and I actually got together with two other families at Ellen's (all our kids have scoli and we initially met on this forum).

One family was in town from Texas (they actually recommended we meet at Ellen's for lunch because they'd been there on a prior visit and my friend's daughter loved the singing staff!). We had so much fun - we sat with the kids for a couple of hours and they really enjoyed the live entertainment!
      mariaf305@yahoo.com
      Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
      Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

I just found out that May May closed last September! :'(. The owners are tired, they've finished their kids education and didn't want to sell and risk ruining the bakery's name and reputation. Their kids didn't want to run the business(which I totally understand but... sniffle)

No more pork bun.
        30 something y.o.

2003 - T45, L???
        2005 - T50, L31
        bunch of measurements between...

2011 - T60, L32
        2013 - T68, L?

Posterior Fusion Sept 2014 -- T3 - L3
        Post - op curve ~35

Comment

Working...
        X