No announcement yet.

Myelogram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm unclear how anything above could be interpreted any as "intimidating someone not to post".

I didn't intuit that at all.

Pam
    Last edited by txmarinemom; 03-08-2008, 05:49 AM.
    Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
    AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
    Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
    Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
    EMAIL ME

Comment

Pam-- most of the comments regarding Chris were constructive criticism with suggestions on how to overcome her fears. Those were supportive. However there were a couple of comments that weren't in that same mode. If they were directed at me, I would have felt "intimidated" not to post any further about my problems. That is all I meant. Maybe I looked at them in a different way from you. And it's quite possible I misinterpreted what was being said.
      71 and plugging along... but having some problems
      2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
      5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
      Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
      CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
      10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Susie, sometimes "support" isn't just patting someone on the head and saying "there, there". I'm an extremely poor enabler.

In this case, the *support* was encouragement post surgery issues *can* be managed, but you have to examine your options positively, make a plan, and not what-if yourself into throwing your hands up it's ALL impossible without even an attempt to solve the issues individually.

(BTW, if your toilet backs up post-op, you call a plumber - just like always. If you are worried about caring for yourself after your round the clock care giver leaves, arrange for home health care.)

Jamie, you're new to this game ... and face a completely different set of challenges. You're cautiously, but positively trying to move into decision mode - or at least thinking about trying to move into decision mode. The best thing you have going for you is a great outlook (scared is fine ... we all were ;-).

Regards,
        Pam
        Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
        AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
        Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
        Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
        EMAIL ME

Comment

Wondering...

Becky-- I've been thinking about you today and wondering how it went this morning. Let us know when you get a chance.

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Originally posted by Susie*Bee
            Becky-- I've been thinking about you today and wondering how it went this morning. Let us know when you get a chance.
            Thanks so much, Susie*Bee for checking on me. It makes me feel so good to have friends that care so much!
            I was treated to a bone density test, myelogram and a CT. What a morning! The bone density and CT were quite uneventful, but the myelogram, well, I'm glad it's over. It wasn't horrible, but pretty uncomfortable. The radiologist that I saw and who did the test was really great. He talked to me and my husband for quite some time, taking a history and asking very specific questions about type and location of my pain. I did learn I have vertebral compression fractures in my thoracic spine. News to me! I'm going to start a thread asking for any info anyone would like to share. I've called the radiologists office asking for more info from them, so I guess I'll have to wait and see what they say.
            Becky, 46 years old
            Diagnosed at 13 with mild scoliosis
            Ignored until 448/07
            Left thoracic 49* T5-T11
            Right thorocolumbar 60* T11-L4
            Surgery Monday, June 9, 2008 Oklahoma Spine Hospital
            Fused T-10 to L-5
            14 titanium pedicle screws
            Corrected to approx. 10* YEA!!!
            Email

Comment

My, you've really been through a lot! I don't mean just the tests-- but getting that news too. I don't know what all that means, so I'll look forward to reading about it also when you start that thread. At least you got a nice radiologist. I'm so glad that this part is behind you and you are ready to tackle the next step. Keep us posted!

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Working...
              X