No announcement yet.

requesting some much needed advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like you've been having an awful time - and its all the more distressing when people don't take you seriously. At least now you have got someone to listen to you - that is half the battle.

In the meantime, I wonder would you consider taking some Alexander Technique lessons to help deal with the pain? I've been taking lessons (about 8 now) and I've found it has helped me, both by making me more aware of my posture so I put as little strain on my back as possible, but also by giving me a more positive outlook. It has made me feel like I'm more in control of my life again.

I know its difficult in these situations, because everyone tends to recommend their favourite therapy....but all I can tell you is that I've tried chiropractic, physio, massage, ulstrasound therapy, acupuncture, pilates, stretching exercises, anti-inflammatories, painkillers.... All have helped a bit, but the effects soon wear off. The Alexander Technique is the one thing that I think has given me lasting relief. Maybe worth a go??

Good luck anyway, and stay positive - you will get something sorted in the end

Comment

Working...
    X