No announcement yet.

Eh .. why not do it now ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

txmarinemon- Those SOBs !!!!! Have they no shame? Get yourself a good discrimination lawyer ASAP. I think the federal laws might allow for punitive, as well as actual, damages. I hope your boss will testify as to what HR told him about the surgery expenses.
    As of 12/25/07, age 62, 100* thoracic kyphosis, 73* L1-S1 lordosis, 37*/25* compensatory S-curve scoliosis. On 12/26/07, Dr. Boachie @ HSS NYC did 11 hours ant. & post. procedures, fused T2-L2, kyphosis now 57*, scoli 10*. Regained 2 1/4 inches in height!! Improving every day.

Comment

And while your boss is at it, he should fire the HR person who made that comment. Whoever it was should know better. (Full disclosure: I have never been a big fan of HR people!)
      FeliciaFeliciaFelicia
      10/24/00 posterior fusion T4-L4 at age 57
      8/5/05 posterior surgery for spinal stenosis at L4-L5; laminectomy and fusion
      5/14/07 posterior revision with fusion to sacrum
      2/11/08 anterior discectomy L5-S1, and reinforcement of fusion with plate attached to L5-S1
      3/9/2011 and 3/11/2011 revision surgery with Dr. Lenke, St. Louis - complete revision and fusion with instrumentation from T1 to sacrum, one lumbar osteotomy.

Comment

Laff, trulyaries ... HR doesn't report to him.
        Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
        AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
        Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
        Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
        EMAIL ME

Comment

Originally posted by Janet
          I'll take some photos of the before (and soon-to-be after) x-rays to post here. I may even have these photos framed and placed somewhere in my house - certainly would be a conversation piece!
          Now THIS idea I LOVE! Janet, I am SO framing mine! Thanks for the inspiration!!

On that note, who would be willing to collaborate on a book of pre/post op xrays and/or photographic images and contribute the proceeds to research on scoliosis??

I think we could raise *something* at least, and I model part-time. I've got contacts all OVER the States who I *think* I could convince to donate time to the project.

Opinions???

VIEW MY X-RAYS
          EMAIL ME

Comment

i know there haven't been any posts to this thread in a while, but when I looked at it I remembered a conversation I had with my best friend (other than my husband, of course!) about having ivy tatooed up the scar. But I like the zipper pull idea too!
            Becky, 46 years old
            Diagnosed at 13 with mild scoliosis
            Ignored until 448/07
            Left thoracic 49* T5-T11
            Right thorocolumbar 60* T11-L4
            Surgery Monday, June 9, 2008 Oklahoma Spine Hospital
            Fused T-10 to L-5
            14 titanium pedicle screws
            Corrected to approx. 10* YEA!!!
            Email

Comment

tats ...

Skosh ...

I have several ... I have to wait and see what my incisions becomes - and if it inspires art ... ;-)

It may very well just stand alone.

Pam

VIEW MY X-RAYS
              EMAIL ME

Comment

I'm tatoo free at the moment, but I've always wanted to get one. I used to want one on my lower back but couldn't think of anything that would look good now AND post-op. Have you seen the Saturday Night Live skit on Turlington's Lower Back Tatoo Remover? It's a scream! If you haven't seen it go to YouTube and search the name of the skit. It's definately worth the time. It made me think twice about putting anything on my lower back.
                Becky, 46 years old
                Diagnosed at 13 with mild scoliosis
                Ignored until 448/07
                Left thoracic 49* T5-T11
                Right thorocolumbar 60* T11-L4
                Surgery Monday, June 9, 2008 Oklahoma Spine Hospital
                Fused T-10 to L-5
                14 titanium pedicle screws
                Corrected to approx. 10* YEA!!!
                Email

Comment

Working...