No announcement yet.

December surgery dates???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, thanks for starting this forum, it's good to know that we're not alone. I guess we won't really be in touch though while we're going through it, but you'll all be in my thoughts. You're right about NZ being a day ahead, right now it's the evening on monday the 3rd, and I'm thinking that Vndy will be about now getting up for her surgery this morning in USA time. I'm on Thursday here, but that will be Wed to you lot.
    It's pretty popular here to have surgeries at the end of the year, because everyones school ends for a few months over our summer, and most people take their main holiday in late december and early january. We don't take a holiday in the middle of the year unless it's a short winter skiing trip or tropical holiday to escape winter.
    Best wishes to Vndy, who's first up on the december list. I'll be sending you my best wishes.
    1994 curve at age 13, 70 degrees, untreated
    2000 Anterior fusion with instrumentation T9-L2, corrected to 36 degrees, 14 degree angle between fused and un-fused thoracic spine.
    2007 26 degrees junctional scoliosis
    Revision surgery, 6th December 2007 T4 to L3, Posterior approach.
    msandham.blogspot.com

Comment

I'm glad we heard from so many of you! Vyndy's surgery is over with, and both curvy (Amanda) and nzgirl are tomorrow. It will be good to hear from them when they are up to using the computer again, and hear all about their hospital stays, etc. For all having surgery this month-- may your surgeries be successful and your recoveries short! (relatively speaking, of course...)

Thanks, everyone, for the input. And hopefully they'll get the calendar updated so we can use it in the future to post things like the surgeries on it.
      71 and plugging along... but having some problems
      2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
      5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
      Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
      CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
      10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Vindy

I heard from a relative of vndy yesterday saying that her surgery took less time than expected, and she is doing fine in recovery!

Thank you for all the support and well wishes, I know all of us december surgery folks need it!

I have 12 exams at school in the next 9 days before I head home to seattle to be with my husband, family and surgeon who I'm sure will all take excellent care of me in the coming months!

Rosie
        2001 T-sp 58* L-sp 55*
        2007 T-sp 64* L-sp 67*
        Surgery Dec. 21 2007
        Posterior fusion T3 to L3

Comment

Thanks, Rosie!

I'm so glad to hear all went well with vndy-- that's great news! Good luck with your studying and exams. That's a lot of exams!!! It sounds like you will have wonderful care post-op-- and that you have a surgeon you feel good about. I hope you get at least a few days to just enjoy yourself before the big day. Take care!

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Rosie,
            I am so glad that you posted about vndy. I was thinking about her all day yesterday and I am so happy to hear that things went well for her. I don't normally post under the adult surgery thread because my son is only 17, but you ladies are incredibly inspiring! Best of luck to all of you - I will be thinking about you and will keep you all in my prayers. Rosie, I'll say a few extra prayers for you with all those exams coming up! Yikes!!

Take care ladies,
            Lori

Mom to Christopher, age 17, Mark, 13, Heather, 10 and Michael, 8
            Chris had surgery with Dr. John Flynn at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia on December 12, 2007. He is fused T4 to L4.
            Dr. Flynn is an AMAZING surgeon!

Comment

December Surgery Dates

Having surgeries on Dec 11th and 13th - Dr Bridwell - St Louis. Sort of calm! Appreciate thoughts, prayers, good vibes, etc. My husband, a good friend, and brother will rotate as caregivers while in St louis. Will spend Christmas in hotel in St Louis with my brother awaiting my doc's "OK" to start back home to Asheville. Will report my experiences as soon as able.
              Jan Lotherington,
              56* thoracic curve, 50* lumbar curve
              A/P fusion T3-Sacrum, Dec 11&13 2007
              at age 55
              Dr Bridwell

Comment

Jan,

I will definitely be thinking and praying for you next week (as well as others here) who have surgeries coming up this month. Your surgeon is one of the best, so rest assured you're in good hands. I can't say I envy you spending Christmas in a St. Louis hotel though.

All the best,

Chris

Comment

This week...

I was looking at my list and thought I'd add to this post who all (a bunch!) is having surgery this week... (And I hope I didn't miss someone!)

JanL - today (11th) and 13th
                  Chris (LoriDon's son) - 12th
                  Glenda - 12th
                  Geish - 13th

Prayers and well wishes to all of you/them. May your surgeries be successful, your recoveries good, and may you be much straighter, taller, and stronger for having gone through this. Sending hugs, encouragement, and support to you!

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Working...
                  X