Before and After Pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holly,
    Your back looks absolutely FABULOUS!! Congratulations on such an awesome correction!
    Lori

Mom to Christopher, age 17, Mark, 13, Heather, 10 and Michael, 8
    Chris had surgery with Dr. John Flynn at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia on December 12, 2007. He is fused T4 to L4.
    Dr. Flynn is an AMAZING surgeon!

Comment

Wow Congrats, like all the others on this forum that does give good hope. I wanted to ask is it still to early to tell how much ur going to be able to bend? have you tried and if so how much and u bend down?
      right lumbar curve T12- L3 43* T12-L5 69*

Comment

Oh my goodness, That is absolutely BEAUTIFUL !!! What a huge difference that is. I am sooooo excited for you.
        A/P Surgery Oct.15 and 18, 2007
        T2 to Sacrum
        Pre-surgery 56* T 60* L
        Post-surgery 28* T 30* L
        Dr. Pashman, Cedars-Sinai Hospital
        Bevery Hills, CA

Debbie, age 51 at surgery.
        Now, 59 yrs young :-)

Comment

nice !!!
          congratulation...
          did your height increase ?
          22 years old - girl - 40 degree curve - to the left - no surgery yet

Comment

Hi agian :P i also read that you said that the dr. said ur bones were like oak or something and he kept crankin.. before the surgery did he tell you that ur back was pretty rigid and it was prob. hard to get a correction?
            right lumbar curve T12- L3 43* T12-L5 69*

Comment

Update

Well...I am apparently going through a "threatened miscarriage." It started Friday. I thought I threw my back out (though I can't remember doing anything particularly stressful on my back) as I started having excruciating pain in my lumbar spine...from L3 to S1...almost feels like pinched nerves. I have to walk with my pelvis tucked in and very slowly, bracing one hand against the wall and one holding either my back or my tummy. I can barely function, which is the typical type of pain with my back - either a pinched nerve that causes muscle spasms to "stiffen" the area when I attemt to protect it or just large muscle group spasms that feel more like being hit with a baseball bat. This one feels more like a knife...then my muscles involuntaily tighten around it to try to prevent movement, which usually means I hit the floor or the bed or couch...what ever is closest to me. And, I can barely lift my ice pack, let alone our girls.

Well, then I noticed brown spotting on Saturday morning, and then bright red blood by Saturday night. I am off my feet...on self and hubby exiled bed rest until my next ultrasound on Monday morning. We are 11 weeks along and this is scarey. I know that, if we miscarry at this point, there will be a tiny baby passed, and I don't think I can handle that. I am already completely emotionally invested in this pregnancy as we are so close to the 2nd trimester.

I am still in excruciating back pain, but the good news is that I've bad no bleeding or spotting since last night. So, I am praying that everything is okay. Please pray for us too. Thanks.
              44 year old female
              Surgery on Nov. 1, 2010
              Dr. Darrell Hanson, Methodist Hospital
              Posterior Only, 9 hours
              Presurgical: T 61 Degrees, L 58 degrees, with 15 degrees of thoracolumbar rotation
              Postsurgical: T 26, L 25

Comment

Houston Curves - I am so sorry that you are going through such agony. You and your family are in my thoughts.
                As of 12/25/07, age 62, 100* thoracic kyphosis, 73* L1-S1 lordosis, 37*/25* compensatory S-curve scoliosis. On 12/26/07, Dr. Boachie @ HSS NYC did 11 hours ant. & post. procedures, fused T2-L2, kyphosis now 57*, scoli 10*. Regained 2 1/4 inches in height!! Improving every day.

Comment

Praying for you!

Dear Houston Curves-- I too am so sorry that you are going through this. I'll sure be praying for you and your family!
                  71 and plugging along... but having some problems
                  2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
                  5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
                  Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
                  CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
                  10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

I will also be praying for you and hoping for the best.
                    Patty 51 years old
                    Surgery May 23, 2007(43 Birthday)
                    Posterior T3- L4
                    Pre surgery curves
                    T-53degrees
                    L-38degrees
                    and a severe side shift to the right.
                    Post surgery curves
                    Less than 10 degrees
                    Surgery April, 2006
                    C4 - C6

Comment

Holly you look GREAT!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.

Maria

Comment

Wrong Thread

I am so sorry to post that info to this thread! I obviously meant to post it elsewhere. My apologies everyone. Thanks.

Ann
                        44 year old female
                        Surgery on Nov. 1, 2010
                        Dr. Darrell Hanson, Methodist Hospital
                        Posterior Only, 9 hours
                        Presurgical: T 61 Degrees, L 58 degrees, with 15 degrees of thoracolumbar rotation
                        Postsurgical: T 26, L 25

Comment

It's ok where you posted...

Houston Curves-- don't worry about posting in a spot you didn't intend to. Nobody noticed except you. I'm sure Holly didn't mind. The big question is--how are you doing? Or maybe I've jumped the gun and didn't check to see if there was another post started.
                          71 and plugging along... but having some problems
                          2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
                          5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
                          Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
                          CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
                          10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Working...
                          X