Lumbar pain/pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you everyone!

I liked it better when my lower back was numb -- too bad it's waking up. This recovery sure is a bitch sometimes......
    Chris
    A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
    Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
    Post-op curve: 12 degrees
    Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Hi Chris,

For some, recovery seems so much easier than others here. We all know that there is not a set pattern to how we recover, and I hope we know that how we recover should not be compared to others!!! I think that no matter how long it takes us to recover, doesn't matter as much as the fact that we do recover!!!

We all have different experiences that seem to be complicated by many different circumstances. I think it's important to us as individuals to consider these factors that can't be compared!!!

I think you're doing well, but I also know the feeling of not doing as well as we expect in our own minds.

Try feeling proud of yourself, as hard as it may be, that you have just survived a very complicated surgery, you may not be where you think you should be at this point in your recovery, but sometimes it take longer than we expected!!! There's no shame in that.

I'm proud of you, and so are many others here!!!

Shari

Comment

It does get much much better- hard to believe when your in pain and stiff for so long. After my surgery I couldn't image getting much better. I thought I was going to walking around really slow and stiff the rest of my life. I am almost as flexable as I was before the surgery. I am I was 90% better now after almost 9 months post op can say 100% because but I have to go back in for another surgery. doctor said my lower back curve is off and wants to fix it- I though I will wait until I am in real bad pain before I go back in for another surgery, but now it is pretty bad, so the sooner to better.

Comment

Working...
        X