Three months post-op

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris -
    I did the same thing you did. I had my 3-month checkup, got permission to drive and to take Motrin, a lighter brace, etc., etc. I must have also become over-confident, because I ended up with a sharp pain in my waist area in back and ended up flat on my back in bed for almost two weeks. I was so convinced I broke something that I went back to my doctor at 4 months exactly. Of course, everything was fine with the hardware and I received a gentle lecture about patience and rest from my doctor! You're right - it seems like forever and I keep feeling like I "should" be further along ...
    FeliciaFeliciaFelicia
    10/24/00 posterior fusion T4-L4 at age 57
    8/5/05 posterior surgery for spinal stenosis at L4-L5; laminectomy and fusion
    5/14/07 posterior revision with fusion to sacrum
    2/11/08 anterior discectomy L5-S1, and reinforcement of fusion with plate attached to L5-S1
    3/9/2011 and 3/11/2011 revision surgery with Dr. Lenke, St. Louis - complete revision and fusion with instrumentation from T1 to sacrum, one lumbar osteotomy.

Comment

I think we all think we should be having a faster recovery. And we obviously all want a faster recovery, but we have to listen to our bodies!!!

I can't tell you how depressed I got because I thought I should be better than I was at a certain point that I had set for myself. Huge mistake for me!!!

Having gone through a range of emotions in the first year after my surgery, I completely understand the different emotions.

Just give yourself the courage and strength to accept your own healing progress without guilt or a sense of failure. Just know that it takes time, and none of us heal the same!!!

Shari

Comment

Working...
      X