My sister...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ann,

I just saw your post this morning, and I can’t tell you how sorry I am to hear of your sister’s untimely passing. I know that in a previous post you mentioned your sister was begging for death, that’s how much pain she was in. This DAMN scoliosis! I only hope that God has a special place in heaven for those who have had a lifetime of suffering from this insidious disease. May you take comfort in knowing that your sister who gave so unselfishly of herself in spite of all her suffering will now be richly rewarded for all eternity.

Sincerely,

Chris

Comment

Condolences... Prayers from me ang my family.

Comment

Ann,

I am just checking onto the forum since my own surgery, and am so saddened to see your post, especially as I sit recovering at my sister's home. I am so, so sorry for you and both families, and I absolutely stand by your determination for more than a vague explanation. I hope you get some answers soon.

Again, my very deepest sympathies.
        31 year old female
        55* (day of surgery) thoracic curve w/compensatory lumbar
        T4-T12 on Aug 15, 2007

MRI, pre-surgery
        Xray, 3 mos. post-op
        Machu Picchu, 8 mos. post-op

Comment

Houston Curves,

I know this is a little late, but I am deeply sorry to hear about the loss of your sister. I am sure you are still trying to make sense of what has happened and hope that you allow yourself to grieve. You will be in my thoughts.
          -Christine
          Surgery completed July, 2007
          Fused from T4-T12
          23years old

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss! May God comfort you and the family.

Comment

Autopsy

Originally posted by Houston Curves
              What I did find out was the name of the doctor that was proposing to sign her death certificate, looked him up in the Dept. of Health and got an email for him. He called my brother-in-law for permission to talk to me and then we spoke by phone. I was able to raise enough concern with him that he is now refusing to sign the death certificate until the ME's office does an autopsy. So, I guess I was able to get her some justice.

Wow. What you and your sister have been through. . . I apologize for the delayed response, but I haven't been on for a week or so.

You must have had a powerful argument to get this guy's attention. I hope you get the answers you need. And pray that if you don't get the answers, that you can at least come to terms with the not knowing.

God bless you and your family. I am truly sorry for your loss.

Comment

Working...
              X