No announcement yet.

went to work today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was 10 weeks post op this past Monday. I went into work a few days this week for a few hours. Updating student info on the computer. Monday I start back for this school year. This is the earliest I have gone back on all three of my surgeries. But I changed positions last September so I now have a desk job in my own little office. This Mon, Tue and Wed will be real rough though due to pre-kindergarten registration. They'll be lined up at the door Monday morning waiting to get in. I know it's going to be real hard but my principal wants me to do whatever I need to do; leave early, take lots of breaks, etc, etc. Hopefully by time school starts Aug 27th I'll be able to handle full days.
    Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
    Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
    Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
    Fused T2 to sacrum
    June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
    MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

Hi Theresa,

I have the utmost respect for you and your profession!!! You are 5 years older than I, and I wasn't able to even think about returning to work so soon after surgery.

I understand your devotion to your students, my Mother was an educator, and you must be a valued person, for your principal to be so understanding.

Just don't do anything to hinder your healing process. If you need a break, take it, if you need to go home, do it!!! I realize the children are important to you, but you need to be important to you as well!!!

Just my opinion,
      Shari

Comment

Well guys im 22 yrs old and had my surgery nearly 10 weeks ago and i still haven't gone back to work not that im in so much pain that i can't but i don't want to push myself and think i can go back when really im still in recovery. I told work ill go back sometime in september.....

If your work is cool and allow for you to take as much time off as mine do so cause you don't want to over do yourself....

Just my opinion!!!!

Lee
        Had surgery May 28th 2007 Anterior/Posterior getting fused from T3 - L3

http://curvedgirl.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks Shari for the kind words! Even though it's tough it really does feel good to get back to work and really getting your routine back to normal somewhat. And really this isn't any rougher going back now at 10 weeks postop then when I went back at 5 months postop after my first surgery. I think alot has to do with this being the 3rd time around in surgery in the last 4 years. After the first surgery you are so scared to walk with other people around, your afraid that they will bump into you! You are also just trying to get use to the new restrictions that you have with your new body and now I pretty much know what feels normal and what doesn't feel quite right. I still have pain but have pretty much resigned myself to accepting that I'll always have pain. I just stick with my pain management doc and he'll take care of me for that.

Once again thank you for the kind words and compliment!
          Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
          Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
          Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
          Fused T2 to sacrum
          June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
          MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

Hi Theresa,

I don't like to take up space on here, but I have to say you are more than welcome and most deserving!!!

All my respects,
            Shari

Comment

Working...
            X