coming along slowly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris,
    I am so glad you spoke with Dr. Boachie about your leg and that he reassured you. It must be driving you nuts to feel so constrained in your activities - but try to be patient and to enjoy other people waiting on you.
    Janet
    As of 12/25/07, age 62, 100* thoracic kyphosis, 73* L1-S1 lordosis, 37*/25* compensatory S-curve scoliosis. On 12/26/07, Dr. Boachie @ HSS NYC did 11 hours ant. & post. procedures, fused T2-L2, kyphosis now 57*, scoli 10*. Regained 2 1/4 inches in height!! Improving every day.

Comment

Hi Chris,

I had several aches and pains in the first 6 months post op that concerned me, and the answer I always got was "it's too soon to tell". I believed him and it turned out to be true, eventually.

Like you, I had some knowledge of what to expect, at least I thought I did, but we are all different. I even told the owner of my place of business that I would be back to work in 3 months , hell I was in that damn brace for 4 1/2 months.

I had set goals for myself and when I wasn't able to achieve them, I got impatient and frustrated, then depressed. I know I'm not alone with what I went through, and I hope you know you're not alone in what you're going through now!!!

I know I've said it before, and I apoligize for repeating myself, but I am always amazed when someone can get on this forum so soon after the surgery. I tried many times and I couldn't do it.

Thinking about you,
      Shari

Comment

Hi Chris! I understand what you mean about the patience. I had none after my surgery. But you sure are blessed without losing your appetite, I couldn't eat or sleep for months following mine! Which made nice for my waist line but not for my mood You're in my prayers!!
        Chloe
        Surgery date: December 12, 2005
        Pre op lumbar curve: 68 degrees, thoracic curve: 38 degrees
        Post op lumbar curve: 25 degrees, thoracic curve: 15

Comment

Working...
        X