I have before and after pictures...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shimershell.....

Dr. Hostin, the new doctor in with Dr. Shelokov at Baylor Scoliosis Center in Plano, TX did my surgeries, and we were all very pleasantly surprised at what a good job he did- It was a big decision; to go with the older, more experienced, world famous surgeon that was booked up until October 2007, or his brand new colleague fresh out of residence that was available to operate in late May 2007. We decided that Dr. Shelokov, being the great man and doctor he is, would never had brought this doctor into his practice unless he had complete faith in his abilities. You can imagine some of the opposition I encountered as I told people about it, and finally just kept my mouth shut and went on with my gut instinct that everything was going to be okay. I could not have asked for better care from Dr. Hostin and his PA Eric Sims ! We are so glad we chose the path we did, as by fall/winter 2007, I will have been 6 months ahead on my way to recovery, instead of living in that agony we all go through anticipating our surgeries. Sorry for the long post, but I felt the need to share a little bit of the angst i went through in making my decision on surgery. I think the decision itself, including which surgeon, when, where, etc., was as hellish for me as the daily pain of scoliosis itself. Thank God it went well, and i hope everyone else has peace about their decisions. Lisa
    Lisa age 47
    T curve 69 degrees
    L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
    fused to from T-3 to sacrum
    anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
    pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

Lisa,
      I am speechless and that is a rare thing for me! You had a wonderful outcome. It is a tough decision to go through this surgery but, I really feel more before and after pictures can help those see how great the outcome can be. That along with all the success stories on this forum will surely keep all our surgeons busy.

Comment

Your back looks so pretty.

Comment

Working...
        X