Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reply to Laura

Thanks so much Laura

Yes, the pain is said to be coming from a degenerative disc. I will definitely look into the amytriptiline. I'm familiar with this med because someone I know was on it for 15 years for anxiety and depression disorder. He overcame his issues eventually, weaned himself off the amytriptiline without any problem and suffered very few side effects while he was on it and afterward. So I'm convinced it's a safe bet. It's so good that you have gotten your pain level down.
    I feel lucky indeed to have had 30 good years and hope to find a way to have lots more!

Francine

Comment

Hi Nora, I had surgery 26 years ago... at age 12 i am now 38 ...well almost 29! And I can honestly tell you I have had to this point at least zero complications... I believe the best thing that could have happened to me was to have the surgery - if I hadn't I wouldn't have had the beautiful posture I have... I would have continued to have more and more curvature and the complications that go with it... I know the surgery is scary and at 12 - wasn't my choice... But I thank my parents for haveing the forsight to have this done for me... My little girl age 10 was just diagnosed... She is in a brac enow 2 months and will probably have to have surgery and although it scare the daylights out of me... I know I am ok ... better than ok... If you are having any pain or your spine is still curving more and more... You should think about it seriously - heck these days I here after surgery just a little brace is necessary !!! I had to wear a plaster body cast fo 6 months! Good Luck Nora

Comment

Working...
      X