Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UKMum
    Hi Sai,
    I've been following your posts - thanks for sharing your post surgery experiences. I don't really belong in this part of the forum as daughter-with-scoli (Annie, 61T, 41L) is 14, but let me say hello anyway. Annie's surgery is on March 23rd in Birmingham. Wish us luck.

It's kind of odd but we have never met anyone in real life who has been through this experience, so this forum is the next best thing!
    hi ukmum

good luck with the surgery-i know what she will be going through but she is young so recovery should be even quicker-she will be up and about in no time trust me.

I hadnt met anyone in real life either untill i went to hospital-and of course all the guys on here.

Hiya robbie-nice to hear your getting better-yeah i had xrays at 3 months aswell and next ones due end of this month which should be 6 month post op appointment but is actually closer to 8 months.(take picture on your phone when he shows you, thats what i did)

im pretty much back to normal now.

Comment

had the check up

hey uk guys
      so i had the check up after 13 years and i have found out everything i have been wondering about all that time. I found that i have an 80 degree curve and that my surgeon is now a professor, Has anyone had prof Fairbanks operate on them, he is so confident and matter of fact that i just felt straight at ease. He actually asked me what he could do for me ..... it was great making the decision and not having it made for me (like when i was 15)
      so he said that there wouldnt be much correction but he would get rid of the rib hump
      i have written more on the thread about long fusions (as they will fuse between T3 - L3 on me)
      anyhow i feel that i am finally facing my fear and that feels good, much better than the unknown
      this forum and especially you uk posse have made me feel great and i have gone from crying every night to smileing most of the time as i have finally excepted the operation
      THANK YOU
      sam/ the optimist

Comment

hi sam

its great to read that your appointment went well and you are feeling positive about it all. i am still to read your longer post about it but you sound a lot happier.

keep us informed of how all goes

sai

Comment

wow the same

i just chatted to my friend from university who had scoliosis and had it operated on the year before we went to uni. I was telling him about how i was set on having surgery and in a way kinda excited about it and he said he had t3 - L3 fused and he had prof fairbanks ...... SO WIERD THE SAME SURGEON AND THE SAME FUSION!!! It's really cool to know that a year before i meet him he was laid up and that now he is still lifting things and making sculpture like me(i was scared i would never be able to lift !)
          he also said he never noticed my rib hum ! which is great coming from someone who knows what to look for

really happy i spoke to him and feel x100000 better now i can talk (on this forum and to him )

thanks for all the advice

sam/the optimist

Comment

Working...
          X