No announcement yet.

Let's talk cosmetic ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mouna, I think we all go into surgery hoping for a good cosmetic outcome, WE ARE WOMEN after all. (Most anyway, no offence guys.) I got back the inch I had lost and gained a waist like bbest stated, the other 1/2. I don't recommend this surgery as a diet plan, but, it seems most lose weight from it. It does give you a kick start to getting back in shape if you started to get a little heavier then you like to be.... I have never worn backless tops due to it accenting my scoliosis so I am looking forward to that! Lets not forget pain relief also. I did not have swelling in my stomach like some had so I guess it isn't a given. I lost 22 lbs total. The after is sounding pretty good according to all these posts, huh?
    Look at all you get. (Results may vary........)
    1. No hump (or greatly reduced)
    2. Waist (on both sides)
    3. Height
    4. Great posture
    5. Weight loss
    7. Shoulders level
    8. No pain (or reduced)
    9. New clothes needed (Oh darn )

Comment

clothes, clothes..

Hi the optimist

You're being really helpful. You remind me of me a few years ago...

I don't think any one could, should or would go through this surgery for purely cosmetic reasons - and I haven't had it yet! However, as these posts confirm, it's a bonus. I've always loved clothes and continue to be in pretty good shape. Scoliosis does affect my choice of clothes, but I still wear tight jeans, and I'm looking forward to pencil skirts with tucked in tops too!
      My op is getting really close, and while I'm optimistic, like you, this diversion into the positive aspects of 'after' is really helping me...as somebody ( I think Chris) said, it's good to focus on positive stuff. Good luck with your consultation...keep us informed.
      48 yr old female. 80° thoracolumber curve. Surgery Feb 14 2007. Fused T3 - L5. Correction to 23°. Happy!

Comment

Working...
      X