Brace AFTER surgery??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

My brace is the same type as Sai's, I don't wear a bra with it at the moment, but then I have only had it for 4 days. I got it a week or so after my surgery and was not allowed to get up until I got it. It's not too bad. I suppose it's something you get used to.
    Anterior surgery 18th Jan 07
    Fused from T8 to T12 with 2 ribs removed
    Surgery was done by Mr Harrison and his team at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore, England
    Revision posterior surgery on 26th April 07 to remove protruding rib stumps
    No longer wearing a Stanmore custom hard backed brace
    Posterior surgery on 18th August 08 due to non fusion of first op and further kyphosis. Two rods from T2 to T12

Comment

I haven't even thought about wearing a bra. I am almost 2 months post-op and my brace is from the middle of my breast to the tops of my hips. I wear undershirts and it is not noticable that I don't have on a bra because the brace holds everything in place. Since my surgery was from T9 to S1 a bra would go right across the top part of my incision and I would think be very uncomfortable.
      Linda G.

Comment

I have a brace for 3 month ,it was mesured the day after surgery and dilevered days after, its made in 2 parts easy to wear over cloths (and bra after 2 weeks),it has nice colors so i just try to adapt my t shirts coloring ,its most for protections against accidental bumps!!! .no worry for muscle loosing you not suppose to do anything to muscle up your back straigt away ,just legs minimum by walking what you can and no more

Comment

I had the Jewitt brace & had to wear it for 3 months(2 full & third month half in & half out...) really was'nt too bad at all..........Lynne
          http://lynnebackattack.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
          X