Pain Meds after surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Fit,

There is no shame in needing pain meds no matter how far along you are in your recovery!!!

Some of us take more time than others. Listen to your body, and do what you feel is best.

Shari

Comment

Wow i was so surprised to read all the posts about pain meds.
      I agree that everyone's recovery is different but i was on high doses of oxycontin for almost 5 months! up until about 2 weeks ago when i was switched to oxycodone...and now i'm painkiller free. To be honest though, the painkillers were the toughest part of the whole surgery experience. I developed a dependency on them that i really worked had at fighting. The withdrawal symptoms were one of the worst things i've ever been through. i wish my doc had have given me a heads up on the subject.

Comment

I guess that's just another one of the differences we all experience. It still amazes me though. I was on percoset and oxy for a few months, then switched to extra stenghth hydrocodone for many months after that. I finallly asked my doctor to give me the lowest dosage of the hydrocodone, and I had no problem at all.

Although, looking back on it now, I did have hot and cold spells that made me think I was going through menopause. But now I wonder if it may have been from the change in my medications. Who knows???

Shari

Comment

Working...
        X