Intestinal Symptoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Chris,

I felt the same way, even though I secretly hoped for a much better correction. But in all honesty the reward came from stopping the progression and the pain!!!

My rib hump is gone, and it was prominent, and I have a waist line that is not lopsided but, I gained no height. I had 5 discs removed so I wonder if that's why I didn't gain height??? But I have a step stool!!!

Shari

Comment

Originally posted by Shari
      My rib hump is gone, and it was prominent, and I have a waist line that is not lopsided but, I gained no height. I had 5 discs removed so I wonder if that's why I didn't gain height???
      Yup, I had the same outcome. My understanding is that your discs probably account for about 1/4" loss in height per disc. So, all the height you got back from straightening your curves was lost to the removal of your discs. Some surgeons replace the discs with morselized bone (that's what I had), while others use cages or bone discs (which can actually add height).

--Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
      X