No announcement yet.

question about after surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for all the replies,it does help to hear from others experiences.i have exactly three more months till surgery and it seems its coming fast.im just ready to get this over with and be normal again.
    Trudy T60 L70 posterior surgery feb.8th 2007

Comment

Thanks all, this was good for me, too. My surgery is scheduled for 12/1 and 6, so it's helpful to know what to expect.
      Surgeries were Dec. 1 & 8, 2006.
      All went well.

Comment

I woke up the first time on my back in so much pain they had to knock me out again. The second time I woke up I was on my back. During my stay in the hospital I was frequently rolled from my left side to my right, however I do remember my most comfortable postion was on my left side with a pillow against my back and a pillow between my legs with my knees bent. (I still do this when I get achy force of habit I guess) It was almost unbearable to lay down on my back. And when the nurse comes in and has to log roll you it will hurt (just being honest). I had one nurse who 'accidently' placed her hand on the middle of my back when she went to move me to my other side. I remember screaming and crying at her because of it. It turned out she was new and didn't have that much experience with spinal fusion patients. (who would've thunk) best of luck!
        25 yr old female =^_^=
        Thoracic curve 48 degrees (with kyphosis)
        Lumbar curve 23 degrees
        surgery from t5-l1 25 July 2005
        Two rods and 16 screws later . . . 0 degrees YAY!

Comment

Working...
        X