No announcement yet.

Suggestions on Vitamins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renee, he is planning on using a short rod and only fusing down to L4. He will do a complete discectomy between L2-3, L3-4 and a partial discectomy between L4-5 as well as laminectomys at those levels so that he can get better rotation to correct the curve back to what it was after the first surgery (he does not want perfection because that would make me off balance, he just wants a restoration of where I was when I was even).
    Thanks for the wishes.
    Mandy

Comment

Originally posted by CurvySAT05
      Alex2006, just wondering if it was ALL antibiotics that need to be stopped or if some of them are ok before surgery. I am on tetracyclene for acne and have taken daily for months. Will have surgery in December and need to see my Derm. if the antibiotic is going to be a problem pre-op.
      Thanks for sharing that.
      Mandy
      Yes. All Antibiotics.

Comment

supplements/antibiotics etc.---

Please discuss all supplements with your surgeon and dermatologist.

Even though Vit K is needed for good clotting a serious complication of spinal surgery is deep vein thrombosis. I personally believe taking/stopping supplements on the suggestion of those not involved with your care without clearing them with your medical team might cause more harm than good. Some supplements, herbs and antibiotics react with anesthesia.

We don't always know what we DON'T know.
        Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
        Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

Working...
        X