1rst day of surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Eric,

First of all say "HI" to Dawn from all of us and give her our best wishes. And DO NOT feel guilty for posting what you did. You were only expressing what you felt during her experience. You have NO reason to apologize!!!

If a certain person chooses this post to "announce" that they are leaving this forum, has nothing to do with you or what Dawn is going through!!! It is not an easy surgery to go through as a participant, or as a loved one standing by their side, as you clearly are!!! I personally am proud of you to get on here and express your feelings about her surgery. And clearly, she has expressed her relief of some of her discomfort and pain.

I know I had discomfort and pain after my surgery, wow , what a shock!!!
    If I could have gotten up and ran out I would have, but who wouldn't!!!

Eric, you are truly a blessing in Dawn's life, and that fact that you expressed her pain as your pain, is amazing!!!

The person you feel you have to apologize too, in my opinion, has been a negative force for some time. Seems to me that that person has been referring to this procedure as barbaric for quite some time now.

I just want you and Dawn to know that there are many of us out there that respect and understand what what you are going through.

Don't let one negative person stop you from doing the positive thing to do!!!

Shari

Comment

"What a lady"

Shari, you said exactly what I was thinking and so well too!! Boy, I got a bit heated, then read your post and I cooled down a bit as I agreed with you absolutely everything that you said, you put it so well, i definately could not have said it any better.

Eric. congratulations on such a terrific post. I have been concerned about how Dawnie was going and it was so very good to come to this forum and see that through all this, all the things that are going thru your mind, you have had the time to tell us all how she was doing. What an extremely sensitive, caring man you are.

I can tell by your post that you have found your sole mate in Dawney, she sounds like such a lovely person, please give her my love and tell her way over here down under we are praying for her. xx (Australia)

Just a little note here. I remember when I had my first child I said to my best girl friend," there is just no way, no way I am every going to have any more children, I am not going through that pain again" oh yes Macky, four years later I had another son. Pain and thoughts of it drift away, and everything that we all go through, and have yet to go through, is definately worth it.

God bless you both and I am praying for you and Dawney,

Macky xx
      Operation 1966, Fused from T4 to L3, had Harrington rods inserted. Originally had an 85 degree Thoracic curve with lumbar scoliosis as well but had a good correction.
      Perfectly normal life till 1997 but now in a lot of pain daily. Consider myself very fortunate though.

Comment

Hang in there

Hi Eric,
        My mom is recovering from surgery in San Francisco. So I will think good thoughts and best wishes for you, Dawn, and all the other patients, family, and friends going through this recovery now.

Best of luck, you're not alone. We are all loved.

P.S. Chris, are you there? My mom's not had that severe pain post op. It's been managed by the pain medicine. Don't give up. They've taken great care of her.

Laura

Comment

Working...
        X