I have a question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

katblack,

I think you should hold off on any tattoos (although I must say your idea is awesome!) until you are at least one year post-op. Here's something crazy for you: my daughter wanted her ears pierced so I asked for antibiotics and the doctor said NO WAY!! Not until she is at least one year post-op. My response was, okay, she can't get her ears pierced, but you okay'd her to have 4 teeth pulled and 4 teeth cut out? His explanation was this: with having her teeth removed (had antibiotics before and after oral surgery) the oral surgeon would put stitches in and therefore, the holes would be closed reducing the risk of infection. The reason why she couldn't get her ears done, well, he says that the holes remain open for 3-6 weeks and during that time, she would be open for infection. Makes sense, huh?

I know the wait seems endless right now, but I personally would suggest waiting until the one year mark. The last thing you want to do is get an infection and possibly have to go through more surgery to remove rods and replace them or whatever would come of the infection.

Besides, wait until your one year anniversary and get your tattoo that day. What better way to celebrate!

Mary Lou
    Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

Working...
    X