No announcement yet.

rainey cool weather.....more aches.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ernesto finally came to visit here but it was just some rain. It's not so bad, and I must be the only one that welcomed the cloudy days b/c I've been dealing with a stomach flu with some dizzinness and sensibility to light and the whole week it was really sunny, and it made me feel worse.

Being from a cold climate where the Winters get to -30 and even more with the windchill factor, I deal with it wearing many layers of clothing, even when it gets too humid when it's raining. Polyester helps keep humidity away and keeps the skin dry and warm, where cotton attracts humidity, if that can be of any help to any of you
    35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
    Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
    Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
    Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
    Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

It's been rainy and chilly all day. My rods are frozen and I cannot get warm.
      I live in Florida, I have sweatpants and sweatshirt on, heavy socks, and my heating pad and the ac is off.
      I am freezing!
      36 year old single mom of teens ages 14 & 15.
      Anterior/posterior spinal fusion on February 9th & 16th 2006 with Dr. Anthony Moreno who now has his own practice.
      Fused from T-3 to S-1 (sacrum)
      Curve pre-op = 70 degrees
      Curve post op = 20 degrees
      No pain anymore!!
      Google is your friend

I am not a doctor and will never give medical advice. I will support and answer questions from personal experience only.

Comment

Wow, do I feel stupid!!! I never connected how I feel from day to day on the weather. I just assumed I was going through menopause.

Two weeks ago my husband was asking me what had gotten into me? I had several different projects going at once. Now I feel like crap.

Shari

Comment

Hi Shari

Glad you found this series of posts, now you can explain to your husband.....I posted on this thread last week and live in damp,rainy,NY. I just turned 40 in May but have been weather sensitive for quite a long time. I know I'm dealing with peri-menopause now but the weather pains are definitely related to the surgery stuff. Actually my brother had knee surgery last year to fix a torn ACL ligament and has a lot of pain in yucky weather too... The thought of menopause on top of this is a scary thought Hang in there. Like I say "it just keeps getting better"
          Jan
          1982- Scoliosis fusion with Harrington rod T3-L4
          1998- revision surgery for flatback syndrome: fusion extended to sacrum, 2 discs removed/replaced with
          titanium spacers, 2 new short rods attached to Harrington rod, 6 pedicle screws
          2005-found out one screw was broken-surgeon said fusion is solid and not to worry
          2004 to now: neck, shoulder and hip pain, degenerative disc disease in neck, herniated and bulging discs in neck, bone spurs, arthritis

Comment

Working...
          X