Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need some advice about scoliosis, pain and surgery!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linda,

I actually saw Dr. Lonner that you recommneded to see in NY area in your other posts. I saw him and he is a nice doctor. I have many recommendations from other people and this forum as well. So I know I saw one of the good doctors but the problem was that he was not sure himself whether or not hte pain I am expiriencing is going to be relieved by the correction in the lumbar area. He said since my pain is in the upper back he thinks it would be best to correct both curves at once and even then he was not sure if the pain would be relieved.

Even though he had said that there is no guarantee that the pain may go away after surgery, I atleast expected him to be more knowledgeable about the pain in my area and whether it was caused by any of the two curves in my back.

Thanks,

Mariya
    30 yrs, mom to two girls ages 9 and 7
    8/9/04 - 18* thoracic and 42* lumbar
    3/7/06 - 22* thoracic and 45* lumbar (38*kyphosis)
    4/8/08 - 38* thoracic and 50-52* lumbar (54* kyphosis)

2007 - Scheduled surgery but cancelled due to no major health issues at the time.
    2011 - Back pain, spasms, sciatica, difficulty doing any physical work/activities w/o following back pain and spasms. Revisiting surgery decision and soon to schedule a doctors appointment to determine the progression since 2008.

Comment

Working...
    X