New and would like to share my story and need some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

abhbarry,
    I don't know how much pain is too much. I usually dismiss it and go about my daily routine. Rarely does pain keep me down. I'm just not the type of person who can sit around, regaurdless of the amount of pain I'm in. I think you just get used to living with it. This worries me too that after surgery I will try to do too much, too soon. I take Motrin or Naproxen daily, that helps. I also see a chiopractor which also helps. If pain was the only factor, I would probabally never have surgery. I didn't even realize the degree of my disfigurement till recently after viewing a home movie of our vacation. I just trained myself to believe for so long that I too was OK. I worry about the my curve causing organ failure and want to get this surgery over with while I'm fairly young and healthy. If you don't want kids for 2-3 years. I suggest having surgery now.
    I wanted to have kids first. I know that it shouldn't be a problem after surgery but I was still concerned. I was scheduled to have surgery after my 1st child because the pain did get worse. Then found out I was pregnant with my 2nd. Which really was a blessing in disguise because I would have had to wait 2 years before trying again. My boys are only 16 months apart and I love that because they entertain each other quite a bit. Of course, they fight too, most of all they love each other!
    jsully
    36 year young cardiac RN
    old curve C 29, T 70, L 50
    new curve C 7, T 23, L 20
    Surgery June 11, UCH, Dr. Cronen T2-L5, posterior
    Revision December 20 L5-S1 with pelvic fixation
    and Osteotomy to L3 at Tampa General Hospital

Comment

Mariya, In response to your post

I sent you a PM. It is long and there are restrictions with regard to how many characters a post can contain... so I sent it in 3 parts. Hope it's not too lengthy. Feel free to contact me with any other questions.

Brandi
      Brandi
      Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
      Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
      L1-S1
      Dr. William Lauerman
      Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
      Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
      http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
      X