No announcement yet.

Wrote a letter to the surgeon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll vouch for that, HGD24... there will always be something about your body that you'd like to change and that you're unhappy with. If you are able to fix it, you will find something else. I know you said you've seen counselors, but you need to find the right one. There is no reason you should have to live such an unhappy life. Yes, you have had a number of medical issues, ON TOP of scoliosis. But so have I! So have many people in the world. You need to stop focusing on the bad and look at the good and the beautiful in life. Of course you're depressed... badness is all you can see, staring you in the face every day! I do feel for you and I truly, with all my heart, hope everything works out for you and that you are able to find happiness. But I kind of agree with Singer... and you tend to repeat your issues over and over and over, in each post. You need someone to talk to, someone to vent to... but people with problems that are just as severe or worse are not the best listeners when things only come across as constant complaints. Maybe you haven't found the right therapist yet, or the right balance of meds, or the right method of healing for you... but you need to keep seeking them out. Yes, keep on doctors to get them to operate on you and heal you of your physical pain... but work even harder on finding someone to fix the inside of you first. GOOD LUCK!!!! May you find the peace you're looking for
    Jen
    24/NY
    Harrington rod placement & fusions
    11/2/94
    60T, 35L

Comment

Many thanks. No hard feelings. sorry if I upset you all...not my intent. I won't post again since it is clear that I upset you but would like to thank you all for support/advice.
      28 years old. Dx at age 14.

1994 20T/20L
      1998 22T/20L
      2002 30T/28L
      2006 34T/28L
      2008 43T/34L

considering surgery in the near future as the curvature is getting progressively worse and for pain management.

XRAYS and pics at 28 years old. http://www.freewebs.com/skiergirl24/apps/photos/

Comment

Working...
      X