Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr Shelekov

Linda G
    thanks for the feedback on Shelekov. i have an appt. with his assistant next month at the end of August. I am glad to hear that he is good and caring. I am happy to finally find a doctor who knows what's up. I live in Houston and I have learned that we do not have anyone in Houston who has helped anyone, so I think the flight to Shelekov will be worth it (At least I hope)

Comment

Mocity,

I have seen Dr. Reitman, he's in the same office as Dr. Hansen. Dr. Hansen assisted in my surgeries, I really don't remember meeting him. Dr. Reitman is a very caring doctor. I have nothing but good things to say about him. If I had to go to someone else, it would be with Dr. LaGrone in Amarillio. If you're going to travel, you might as well go by plane. Dr. LaGrone has extensive experience with people who have had prior fusions and severe scoliosis. Do a google search on Dr. Michael LaGrone.
      Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
      Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
      Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
      Fused T2 to sacrum
      June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
      MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

I also think since my surgery is considered high risk because of my age as well as my over 80 degree curves, they want to know where every little part of my spinal column and nerves are to be extra careful. My feeling too is that Dr. Shelokov and staff are very particular that they know that they are getting all the tests done by those who know what Shelokov expects.

They did allow me to have a blood test done here....just did that on Monday of this week with the facility in my town that they picked and set up for me.

Comment

Marcia and anyone else getting a myelogram: Good luck, and like others have mentioned, follow the instructions you are given as to what to do afterwards. Rest as long as they tell you. I guess everyone recovers differently--I was lucky that I did OK. Darn scoliosis for putting us through this! My coworkers told me to think of it as a mini-vacation since I got to lay on my *** for a while and watch TV, movies, etc. Marcia I hope you enjoy your family time together afterwards. That is what it is all about. Just think how much better you will feel when everything is all completed and you can spend even more time with them.

Comment

Working...
          X