Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you eat..the most of in the hospital????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I woke up from surgery in recovery I was so hungry. I asked my nurse if i could have anything to eat and at first he said no but he did give me ice chips. Then a few hours later I asked him for something to eat again and he brought me some saltine crackers. Finally I got into my room at midnight and the dumb nurse that i had for the night shift was not nice and didnt let me have any more saltine crackers. Then the next day i was on liquid diet and by the 2nd day I was on soft foods then solid foods from there. By the time I could eat solid foods i had no appatite. I think it was all the pain meds just made me so nauseous. I had the nurse give me a shot for nausea which helped a little.
    When i came home i really didnt eat much just little bits of things. I tried to eat little bits many times a day so i didnt get sick from the meds or lose anymore weight. Already 105lbs as it is. cant afford to lose too much weight.

Sarah
    Sarah 25 yrs old- Married with three english bulldogs

1995-Surgery for scoliosis fused T3-L3.
    2000-Surgery for Rod breaking, relaced rod and took out upper rods.
    March 2005-Surgery for removal of all rods.
    August 2005-Fusion of T10-T11 due to crack in fusion, Rods put back in.
    August 2006- Surgery for fusion from L4 to sacrum.

Comment

I can remember my hubby and the nurses trying to coax me to eat and entice me with offers of ice cream, jello, etc. I only wanted something cool and light to drink for a long time... then i starting wanting something dry and kinda salty so i asked for Goldfish.... those little cheesy crackers that shaped like fish... i would have gladly lived on them and 7-ups exclusively... when i finally started eating real food again, it only took about a third of a serving to fill me up... the good thing was i lost about 25 lbs... wish it had STAYED away...lol

Comment

I LOVED THE SPONGE!!!!! In the first few days following surgery whenever I did wake up (if you can call it waking up), all I really ever said to anyone was, "Can I please have the sponge?" and then I'd suck every drop of water out of that sponge! I lived for the sponge in those first few days! My wonderful husband...that was his job, to sponge my lips and give me "a drink" of water via the sponge.....

Comment

Originally posted by HGD24
          I LOVED THE SPONGE!!!!! In the first few days following surgery whenever I did wake up (if you can call it waking up), all I really ever said to anyone was, "Can I please have the sponge?" and then I'd suck every drop of water out of that sponge! I lived for the sponge in those first few days! My wonderful husband...that was his job, to sponge my lips and give me "a drink" of water via the sponge.....
          LMAO, same here! LOVED the cold, icy drops and wanted more even if the nurse looked at me like I was some freak Hubby got fed up at some point though, and put it RIGHT next to my bed...
          35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
          Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
          Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
          Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
          Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

Working...
          X