Newbie having spinal fusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marcia

I understand the concerns about traveling that far. But you also want the best. I need to get all the info on the degree of curve etc. The first doc I saw told me the L1 is ok but from there thru about L5 is a mess. One disc gone and two more very thin. He would be putting in the cages like you are having done in the lumbar area and connecting to the bottom thoracic and pulling it straight. I really need to get a correct interpretation. My first visit I was not in control of my mind. haha When did you see Dr. Shelokov? Sure seems that everyone is impressed with him. I'll let you know how my visit goes with the one here in Grapevine next week. I am almost positive tho that I will use Dr. Shelokov. Take care, Linda

Comment

I saw Dr. Shelokov at the end of April. The reason I have to wait until October is because he saves the summer months for teenagers, college students, and teachers. I too am getting another opinion from a doctor here in Houston next Tuesday....had to wait 4 months for this appointment. At this point I am sure I will go to Dr. Shelokov, but I think it is important that I get this 2nd opinion also.

Comment

I'm scheduled to have surgery with Dr. Shelokov Thursday, July 27th, and I'll make sure I let you all know how it goes and everything...just as soon as I can sit at the computer again! I have every confidence in his skills, knowledge and abilities, but also still scared to death!!! I'll also update my blog regularly, or more likely, my husband will for a while!
        Elisha
        http://360.yahoo.com/elishadunaway
        Scoliosis diagnosed at 14, curve was 22 degrees, wore Boston brace for a couple years.
        Left lumbar curve has now progressed at age 33 to approx. 50 degrees and surgery is scheduled with Dr. Alexis Shelokov at Baylor Hospital in Plano, TX for July 27, 2006.
        pre-op curve: 50 degrees
        post-op curve:15 degrees!!

Will be praying that the Great Physician will guide all of our doctors' hands!

Comment

Elisha---good luck I'll be thking of you.., I'm right behind you but will have it done in NYC........Ly

Comment

Thank you so much, Ly, I hope your surgery goes well too! I'm getting more scared and nervous every day, so I can't wait for it to be over and for the pain to be gone...or at least be in a lot less pain anyway.

Elisha
            Elisha
            http://360.yahoo.com/elishadunaway
            Scoliosis diagnosed at 14, curve was 22 degrees, wore Boston brace for a couple years.
            Left lumbar curve has now progressed at age 33 to approx. 50 degrees and surgery is scheduled with Dr. Alexis Shelokov at Baylor Hospital in Plano, TX for July 27, 2006.
            pre-op curve: 50 degrees
            post-op curve:15 degrees!!

Will be praying that the Great Physician will guide all of our doctors' hands!

Comment

yea--this is very big & overwhelming! I actually have been pretty composed the last few days plus really busy with my kids-weird! I'm hoping it lasts until my Thursday pre-op appmt but I don't know if I'll be that lucky.........Ly
              the clock is ticking away.........

Comment

Working...
              X