question/reassurance needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Annette

I just had the surgery at 42 and am now 8 weeks out the other side (tomorrow). I had my scared moments (and my downright terrified ones too) beforehand. I had a long time to wait too as in the UK the waiting list is about 18 months! For me, the way to get over all the frightened moments was to follow other people's stories as they went through surgery and to get as much information as possible.

Remember, your fear is just of the unknown, but your surgeon is an expert and while your surgery takes place, all you have to do is sleep. Afterwards, they are really good with pain relief and once you get home, you improve a bit every day.

Good luck!

Pips
    Double 63(T)/75(L) deg curve with big sideways shift - Surgery in UK on 8th February 2006.
    Post op 30(T)/33(L)
    http://warpedwoman.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi

Hi Annette
      Actually I'm also a teacher. I teach fourth grade and my last day will be May 5th. I just told my classes yesterday..........very emotional. I hope to be back for the new school year in Sept. As of now I think I'm pretty well prepared for surgery. I'll take any advice I can get though! Good luck and I'm sure we'll be in touch
      Jenn
      37 y/o female
      60 degree lumbar
      45 degree thoracic
      1st time anterior/posterior surgery May 8th and 10th 2006
      T 5 to S 1
      NYC

Comment

Working...
      X