Post Op

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpineWhine
    DMB - thanks for your concerned, I am concerned too. But I also don't know if it is just me being over-anxious. Question: After being hospitalized with my PE, I was let out of the hospital on 2/19. Since then, I continue tohave same/worse PE symptoms as when I was in hospital. I am sure the PE is still there, as it takes a long time to "dissolve". My question is how long did you have the PE symptoms? Just while in the hospital, or for how long afterward? I was thinking that once my INR was stable that my symptoms would diminsh, alas they are not. Not sure if that is standard or what. Definitely keeping my appt for this afternoon!!

I had surgery and was in the hospital 5 days and then released and was home five days and was getting worse and then finally hospitalized for 9 days due to PE. My symptons SLOWLY, VERY SLOWLY got better. But what you are describing should not be happening. If you are getting more tired and it's becoming a chore to just sit up, get yourself to the ER ASAP. Clots move fast and you dont want to risk it. However, the coumadin and lovenox are good precautionary measures. But only a dr can order ct scans and x-rays to see what really is going on. When i was taken to ER, the dr thot that i had one clot but when he did the ct scan, both of my lungs were full of clots and i was flown to Washington Hospital Center in Washington DC, incase i would have had to have lung surgery. Those things are not to be taken lightly. I thot i was just tired but when i got out of bed to go to the bathroom i passed out and it was downhill from there! BUT, i'm working parttime now and finished my coumadin treatments in January. So, with the right treatment and precautionary measures, you will be fine!

My email at home is monique5963@aol.com. Please email there with any questions, concerns or just encouragement. Let me how you make out this afternoon. Monique

Comment

Hi everyone, i am very new to this, i was diagnosed with scoliosis when i ws eight, i am now 24, i am seriouly considering surgery, but i get scared when i read about all the complications, i dont really experience pain with my socliosis, it does not give me problems really i am just really conscious about it and i need to do something about the way i look, i am always so conscious about what people will think when they look at me, even when i go shopping i find it hard to decide on clothes. my curves are 70 and 50 degrees i am in the danger zone according to my doctors but all the complications are making me think twice. ANybody that can give me information would be appreciated, please email me if you think you dont want to post certain information on the forum. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi Chayil...

The one thing you can be certain of is that complication rates increase dramatically with age. Since your top curve is already 70 degrees, it's almost a certainly that you'll eventually have to have surgery or risk lung and/or heart problems. Since that's the case, your recovery will be much faster, and you'll be at risk for far fewer complications, if you have the surgery now.

Regards,
        Linda
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Thanks for your advice

Hi Linda, thanks so much for your advice i really appreciate it, and yes i know i will be risking lung or heart problems if i wait longer to get the surgery done seeing that my top curve is 70 degrees. Hopefully i will get the surgery done this year. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X